Glen L Xiong
Affiliation: University of California
- Understanding preventive health screening services use in persons with serious mental illness: how does integrated behavioral health primary care compare?Glen L Xiong
University of California at Davis
Int J Psychiatry Med 48:279-98. 2014..This is a cross-sectional study that compared preventive services use in an integrated behavioral health primary care clinic (IBHPC) with two existing community mental health programs...
- Health status and depression remission in patients with chronic heart failure: patient-reported outcomes from the SADHART-CHF trialGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Circ Heart Fail 5:688-92. 2012..Whether depression treatment may result in improvement of health status in heart failure patients with comorbid depression remains unknown...
- Decertification outcomes for bipolar disorder in an inpatient community mental health treatment center: impact on subsequent service use over two yearsGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:761-4. 2012..18). History of prior hospitalization was associated with higher numbers of rehospitalizations and crisis room visits (both p < 0.01) and with shorter time before first rehospitalization (p < 0.001)...
- Predictors of decertification from involuntary hospitalization for patients with bipolar disorderGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:200-3. 2010..This study examined predictors of decertification (release from involuntary hospitalization after legal hearing) among inpatients with bipolar disorder...
- General-medical hospital admissions from a public inpatient psychiatric health facility: a review of medical complications over 30 monthsMargaret W Leung
School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Suite 3116, 4150 V St, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Psychosomatics 51:498-502. 2010..Medical comorbidity and mortality disproportionately affect adults with serious mental illness, as compared with the general population...
- Delirium and hypovitaminosis D: neuroimaging findingsJames A Bourgeois
From the Dept of Psychiatry Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, Consultation Liaison Service, University of California San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA JAB Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada AH, JF St Joseph s Healthcare Hamilton, West 5th Campus, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada AH, DKT and Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA GLX
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 27:69-71. 2015..Further research with a larger sample size is needed to compare neuroimaging findings between normal patients and patients with hypovitaminosis D with delirium. ..
- Combination phentermine/topiramate for obesity treatment in primary care: a reviewGlen L Xiong
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, University of California at Davis, School of Medicine, Davis, CA
Postgrad Med 126:110-6. 2014..Special precautions and close monitoring are indicated when prescribing phentermine/topiramate for women of childbearing potential. Monitoring of heart rate and psychiatric and cognitive side effects is important. ..
- Lessons from psychiatry and psychiatric education for medical learners and teachersDonald M Hilty
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:329-37. 2013..These processes - in addition to knowledge and other skills - will help physicians be successful in practice, learning and teaching, research and leadership...
- Behavioral observations reflected on consultation requests from primary medical-surgical services: are they predictive of delirium diagnosis and outcomes?Glen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817 1419, USA
J Psychosom Res 66:177-81. 2009..We explored whether outcomes differed in patient with delirium with different consultation requests...