Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- PDLIM2 restricts Th1 and Th17 differentiation and prevents autoimmune diseaseZhaoxia Qu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cell Biosci 2:23. 2012..abstract:..
- NF-kappaB activation: Tax sumoylation is out, but what about Tax ubiquitination?Gutian Xiao
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Centers, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Retrovirology 9:78. 2012..Here, we discuss our current understanding of Tax activation of NF-κB, with a focus on the controversies and the challenges that we are facing...
- Epigenetic repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2: implications for the biology and treatment of breast cancerZhaoxia Qu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PA, USA
J Biol Chem 285:11786-92. 2010..These studies thus provide important mechanistic insights into breast cancer pathogenesis. These studies also suggest a tumor suppression function of PDLIM2 and a therapeutic strategy for breast cancer...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type I-mediated repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2 involves DNA methylation but independent of the viral oncoprotein taxPengrong Yan
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neoplasia 11:1036-41. 2009..Given the efficient antitumor activity with no obvious toxicity of 5-aza-dC, these studies also suggest potential therapeutic strategies for ATL...
- The tumor suppressor gene WWOX links the canonical and noncanonical NF-κB pathways in HTLV-I Tax-mediated tumorigenesisJing Fu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
Blood 117:1652-61. 2011..These data provide one important mechanism by which Tax coordinates the 2 NF-κB pathways for tumorigenesis. These data also suggest a novel role of WWOX in NF-κB regulation and viral tumorigenesis...
- DNA methylation-dependent repression of PDZ-LIM domain-containing protein 2 in colon cancer and its role as a potential therapeutic targetZhaoxia Qu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 70:1766-72. 2010..These studies thus provide new mechanistic insights into colon tumorigenesis by identifying a novel tumor suppressor role for PDLIM2...
- Angiopoietin-2, an angiogenic regulator, promotes initial growth and survival of breast cancer metastases to the lung through the integrin-linked kinase (ILK)-AKT-B cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2) pathwayYorihisa Imanishi
Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 286:29249-60. 2011....
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus: a model of NF-κB-associated tumorigenesisZhaoxia Qu
Cancer Institute, Medical Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Viruses 3:714-49. 2011..Answers to those questions will greatly advance our understanding of ATL leukemogenesis and other NF-κB-associated tumorigenesis and will help us design personalized cancer therapies...
- PDLIM2 suppresses human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax-mediated tumorigenesis by targeting Tax into the nuclear matrix for proteasomal degradationPengrong Yan
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Blood 113:4370-80. 2009..These studies also suggest a potential therapeutic strategy for cancers and other diseases associated with HTLV-I infection and/or PDLIM2 deregulation...
- Systematic detection of noncanonical NF-κB activationZhaoxia Qu
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, 1 18 Hillman Cancer Center, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1280:121-54. 2015..Noncanonical NF-κB-induced gene expression changes can be determined by gene array analysis and quantitative real-time PCR. ..
- HTLV deregulation of NF-kappaB2 p100 processing in tumorGutian Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2010..The completion of the proposed studies may lead to new therapeutic strategies for p100 processing-associated human diseases. ..