Eleftherios S Xenos
Affiliation: University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- Histopathological study of renal transplant artery stenosis: role of rejection and cold ischaemia time in the pathogenesis of intimal hyperplasia in an arterial allograftEleftherios S Xenos
Department of Surgery, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Clin Transplant 17:27-30. 2003..We performed a histopathological study focusing on cold ischaemia time and immunological factors and their effect on the donor artery...
- Distribution of sac pressure in an experimental aneurysm model after endovascular repair: the effect of endoleak types I and IIEleftherios S Xenos
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:516-23. 2003..To study in an experimental aneurysm model the differential distribution of strain/pressure (S/P) on the aneurysm wall before and after endograft exclusion and in the presence of individual type I and type II endoleaks...
- Erectile function after open or endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repairE S Xenos
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 17:530-8. 2003..Preservation of sexual function after endovascular as compared to open repair should be among the factors considered when weighing treatment options for an abdominal aortic aneurysm in a sexually active male...
- Nitric oxide mediates the effect of fluvastatin on intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 expression on human endothelial cellsEleftherios S Xenos
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 19:386-92. 2005..We have shown that after a 48-hr exposure to fluvastatin there is an increased amount of the phosphorylated enzyme in the endothelial cells...
- Covered stents for injuries of subclavian and axillary arteriesEleftherios S Xenos
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37920 6999, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:451-4. 2003..Exposure of these vessels is associated with significant morbidity, and mortality ranges from 5% to 30%. Endovascular methods may offer an alternative approach to these technically challenging injuries...
- Meta-analysis of endovascular vs open repair for traumatic descending thoracic aortic ruptureEleftherios S Xenos
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:1343-51. 2008..Endoluminal grafts offer an alternative to open surgical repair. We performed a meta-analysis of comparative studies evaluating endovascular vs open repair of these injuries...