Affiliation: University of California
- Inborn errors of development: disruption of pathways critical for normal developmentAnthony Wynshaw-Boris
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Human Genetics and Genomics, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0627, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:855-71, viii. 2006....
- Lissencephaly and LIS1: insights into the molecular mechanisms of neuronal migration and developmentA Wynshaw-Boris
Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Clin Genet 72:296-304. 2007....
- Dishevelled genes mediate a conserved mammalian PCP pathway to regulate convergent extension during neurulationJianbo Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0627, La Jolla, CA 92093 0627, USA
Development 133:1767-78. 2006..These results are discussed in light of recent models on PCP and convergent extension...
- ATM is a cytoplasmic protein in mouse brain required to prevent lysosomal accumulationC Barlow
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Laboratory of Genetics, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:871-6. 2000..These findings suggest that ATM may be important as a cytoplasmic protein in neurons and that its absence leads to abnormalities of cytoplasmic organelles reflected as an increase in lysosomal numbers...
- Modeling human congenital disorder of glycosylation type IIa in the mouse: conservation of asparagine-linked glycan-dependent functions in mammalian physiology and insights into disease pathogenesisY Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Glycobiology Research and Training Center, 9500 Gilman Drive 0625, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Glycobiology 11:1051-70. 2001..Our findings indicate that human genetic disease due to aberrant protein glycosylation can be modeled in the mouse to gain insights into N-glycan-dependent physiology and the pathogenesis of CDG-IIa...
- Expanded characterization of the social interaction abnormalities in mice lacking Dvl1J M Long
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, USA
Genes Brain Behav 3:51-62. 2004..The specificity of observed social interaction deficits also suggests that lack of Dvl1 is associated with deficits in the recognition of social hierarchy and dominance...
- Unraveling human cancer in the mouse: recent refinements to modeling and analysisL Resor
Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, UCSD Cancer Center, UCSD School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0627, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Hum Mol Genet 10:669-75. 2001..Finally, global patterns of gene expression can be determined by microarray analysis to decipher complex gene patterns which occur in cancers. Several of these advances in mouse modeling of human cancer are discussed in this review...
- Pitx genes during cardiovascular developmentC Kioussi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 67:81-7. 2002