Brian T Wymbs
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Callous-unemotional traits as unique prospective risk factors for substance use in early adolescent boys and girlsBrian T Wymbs
Seattle Children s Research Institute, 2001 8th Ave, Suite 600 M S CW8 6, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 40:1099-110. 2012..Study findings highlight the importance of accounting for CD symptoms and gender when examining links between CU traits and substance use in early adolescence...
- Risk of intimate partner violence among young adult males with childhood ADHDBrian Wymbs
Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Atten Disord 16:373-83. 2012..Research has clearly documented the social dysfunction of youth with ADHD. However, little is known about the interpersonal relationships of adults diagnosed with ADHD in childhood, including rates of intimate partner violence (IPV)...
- Mechanisms underlying the influence of disruptive child behavior on interparental communicationBrian T Wymbs
Center for Child Health, Behavior and Development, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
J Fam Psychol 25:873-84. 2011..Though methodological issues limit the generalizability of these findings, results indicate that negative parenting may be one mechanism through which disruptive children cause interparental discord...
- Early adolescent growth in depression and conduct problem symptoms as predictors of later substance use impairmentCarolyn A McCarty
Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, University of Washington and Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98145, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 41:1041-51. 2013..The current study demonstrates that patterns of depression and conduct problems (e.g., growth vs. decreasing) are likely more important than the static levels at any particular point-in-time in relation to substance use risk. ..
- Developmental consistency in associations between depressive symptoms and alcohol use in early adolescenceCarolyn A McCarty
University of Washington and Seattle Children s Hospital, Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:444-53. 2012..The current study examined whether the associations between depressive symptoms and alcohol use were similar in valence and magnitude over a 4-year period in early adolescence...