Brian T Wymbs
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Rate and predictors of divorce among parents of youths with ADHDBrian T Wymbs
Center for Children and Families, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, NY, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:735-44. 2008..These data underscore how parent and child variables likely interact to exacerbate marital discord and, ultimately, dissolution among families of children diagnosed with ADHD...
- Child effects on communication between parents of youth with and without attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBrian T Wymbs
Department of Psychology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 119:366-75. 2010..These findings extend results of prospective studies highlighting child effects on marital quality...
- Transdermal methylphenidate, behavioral, and combined treatment for children with ADHDWilliam E Pelham
Department of Psychology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 14214, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 13:111-26. 2005..Consistent with other research, low doses of MPH--even lower than in previous studies--yielded enhanced effects in combination with behavior modification...
- Motorsports involvement among adolescents and young adults with childhood ADHDBrian T Wymbs
Department of Psychology, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 42:220-31. 2013..Adolescents and young adults with ADHD histories, especially those with persisting impulsivity, comorbid CD/ASP and heavy drinking tendencies, are more likely to engage in motorsports, which may heighten risk of injury...
- Evaluating a comprehensive strategy to improve engagement to group-based behavioral parent training for high-risk families of children with ADHDAnil Chacko
Department of Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York CUNY, 65 30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 40:1351-62. 2012..Results of the study have implications for targeting engagement throughout the process of BPT, particularly for high-risk families...
- Late adolescent and young adult outcomes of girls diagnosed with ADHD in childhood: an exploratory investigationDara E Babinski
Center for Children and Families, State University of New York at Buffalo, 106 Diefendorf Hall, 3435 Main Street, Building 20, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Atten Disord 15:204-14. 2011..To characterize the late adolescent and young adult outcomes of girls diagnosed with ADHD in childhood...
- Substance use and delinquency among adolescents with childhood ADHD: the protective role of parentingChristine A P Walther
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:585-98. 2012....
- Enhancing traditional behavioral parent training for single mothers of children with ADHDAnil Chacko
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 38:206-18. 2009..Moreover, the STEPP program resulted in increased engagement to treatment. However, results indicated that behavioral parent training does not normalize behavior for most children and treatment gains are not maintained...
- A dose-ranging study of a methylphenidate transdermal system in children with ADHDWilliam E Pelham
State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:522-9. 2005..Medication (placebo, 0.45, 0.9, and 1.8 mg/h) was crossed with application time (6 a.m., 7 a.m.) to evaluate MTS efficacy and influence of exposure time on morning effects...
- Enhancements to the behavioral parent training paradigm for families of children with ADHD: review and future directionsAndrea M Chronis
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 7:1-27. 2004..g.. format and setting), parent factors, and child factors that may contribute to treatment outcomes for families of children with ADHD are reviewed here and recommendations for future BPT research in the area of ADHD are made...