Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Capacity for stochastic self-renewal and differentiation in mammalian spermatogonial stem cellsZhuoru Wu
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Cell Biol 187:513-24. 2009..These findings provide an experimental basis for autonomous and stochastic fate choice as an alternative strategy for SSC fate bifurcation, which may also be relevant to other stem cell types...
- Spermatogonial culture medium: an effective and efficient nutrient mixture for culturing rat spermatogonial stem cellsZhuoru Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Biol Reprod 81:77-86. 2009..Spermatogonial lines derived and propagated using SG medium were characterized as homogeneous populations of ZBTB16(+) DAZL(+) cells endowed with spermatogonial stem cell potential...
- Deriving mouse spermatogonial stem cell linesIlaria Falciatori
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 450:181-92. 2008..We describe a simple and reproducible protocol for the derivation and maintenance of mouse spermatogonial stem cell lines that proliferate for long periods of time in culture...
- Foxo1 is required in mouse spermatogonial stem cells for their maintenance and the initiation of spermatogenesisMeredith J Goertz
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9072, USA
J Clin Invest 121:3456-66. 2011....
- Isolating highly pure rat spermatogonial stem cells in cultureF Kent Hamra
Department of Pharmacology and Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 450:163-79. 2008..The isolated spermatogonia provide a highly potent and effective source of stem cells that have been used to initiate in vitro and in vivo culture studies on spermatogenesis...