Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- The effect of insulin on expression of genes and biochemical pathways in human skeletal muscleXuxia Wu
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1675 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
Endocrine 31:5-17. 2007..The role of NGFI-B (NR4A1) as a new potential mediator of insulin action highlights the need for greater understanding of nuclear transcription factors in insulin action...
- Genes and biochemical pathways in human skeletal muscle affecting resting energy expenditure and fuel partitioningXuxia Wu
Dept of Nutrition Sciences, The Univ of Alabama at Birmingham, 1675 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
J Appl Physiol 110:746-55. 2011..Individual variations in whole body REE and RQ are regulated by differential expressions of specific genes and pathways intrinsic to skeletal muscle...
- Gene expression profiling of the effects of castration and estrogen treatment in the rat uterusXuxia Wu
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Reprod 69:1308-17. 2003..The present study identifies novel mediators of estrogen actions in the uterus and provides genome-wide expression data from which novel hypotheses regarding uterine function can be generated...
- Identification of genes with higher expression in human uterine leiomyomas than in the corresponding myometriumXuxia Wu
Division for Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Hospital L5 01, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 8:246-54. 2002..This work expands our knowledge about the molecular nature of leiomyomas and provides novel candidate genes to further explore in relation to their function during leiomyoma growth...
- Gene expression profiling of androgen deficiency predicts a pathway of prostate apoptosis that involves genes related to oxidative stressSee Tong Pang
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Endocrinology 143:4897-906. 2002..In conclusion, gene expression profiling provides a unique opportunity for understanding the molecular mechanisms of androgen actions in prostate gland...
- Female-predominant expression of fatty acid translocase/CD36 in rat and human liverNina Ståhlberg
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Endocrinology 145:1972-9. 2004....