Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- High-level expression of I kappa B-beta in the surface epithelium of the colon: in vitro evidence for an immunomodulatory roleG D Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6144, USA
J Leukoc Biol 66:1049-56. 1999..Therefore, the expression of IkappaB-beta in the differentiated surface epithelium of the colon may help these cells act as an immunological barrier to prevent activation of the mucosal immune system...
- Sampling and pyrosequencing methods for characterizing bacterial communities in the human gut using 16S sequence tagsGary D Wu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6076 USA
BMC Microbiol 10:206. 2010....
- Linking long-term dietary patterns with gut microbial enterotypesGary D Wu
Division of Gastroenterology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 334:105-8. 2011..Thus, alternative enterotype states are associated with long-term diet...
- Evidence for epigenetic mechanisms that silence both basal and immune-stimulated transcription of the IL-8 geneX Wen
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 166:7290-9. 2001..Epigenetic silencing of cytokine gene transcription through distant genomic elements is an important level of gene regulation that may be relevant to the pathogenesis of immunologic disease states...
- Activation of RegIIIbeta/gamma and interferon gamma expression in the intestinal tract of SCID mice: an innate response to bacterial colonisation of the gutS A Keilbaugh
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Gut 54:623-9. 2005..These innate immune responses may play a role in the pathogenesis of colitis in SCID adoptive transfer models in mice and possibly in patients with IBD...
- A family of tissue-specific resistin-like moleculesC M Steppan
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:502-6. 2001..Resistin and the RELMs share a cysteine composition and other signature features. Thus, the RELMs together with resistin comprise a class of tissue-specific signaling molecules...
- Nuclear hormone receptors and intestinal inflammationGary D Wu
Gastroenterology 133:1068. 2007
- Rosiglitazone for active ulcerative colitis: a randomized placebo-controlled trialJames D Lewis
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Gastroenterology 134:688-95. 2008..Thiazolidinedione ligands for the gamma subtype of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARgamma), widely used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus, have been proposed as novel therapies for ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- IMMUNE MODULATION BY INTESTINAL CELL DIFFERENTIATIONGary Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, the studies described in this grant proposal may provide novel insights into mechanisms by which nuclear hormone receptors and their ligands modulate the intestinal inflammatory response. ..
- IMMUNE MODULATION BY INTESTINAL CELL DIFFERENTIATIONGary Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide novel insights into the mechanisms by which nutrition affects metabolic and immunologic responses to intestinal parasitic infections. ..
- EPITHELIAL GENE TRANSCRIPTION IN INTESTINAL PATHOLOGYGary Wu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, once the mechanisms by which DRA gene transcription is regulated in the normal colon have been elucidated, DRA may be a useful model with which to investigate how gene expression is altered in pathobiology. ..
- IMMUNE MODULATION BY INTESTINAL CELL DIFFERENTIATIONGary Wu; Fiscal Year: 1999..Finally, to ascertain cis-acting elements by Dnase 1 footprinting, electrophoretic mobility shift assay and site directed mutagenesis in chimeric and minigene constructs of the IL-8 gene. ..
- Regulation of Host Nitrogen Balance by the Gut MicrobiomeGary D Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010....