Alex K Wu
Affiliation: University of California
- National incidence and outcomes of postoperative urinary retention in the Surgical Care Improvement ProjectAlex K Wu
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Surg 204:167-71. 2012..The national incidence of postoperative urinary retention (POUR), its risk factors, and associated outcomes are not well understood...
- Relative renal function does not improve after relieving chronic renal obstructionAlex K Wu
Department of Urology Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
BJU Int 109:1540-4. 2012..These data suggest that the aim of relieving obstruction should be to maintain RRF and alleviate symptoms, but not to seek improvement in overall renal function...
- Safer urethral catheters: how study of catheter balloon pressure and force can guide designAlex K Wu
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
BJU Int 109:1110-4. 2012..To better define urethral catheter balloon pressures and extraction forces during traumatic placement and removal of urethral catheters. To help guide design for safer urethral catheters...
- National incidence and impact of noninfectious urethral catheter related complications on the Surgical Care Improvement ProjectDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 185:1756-60. 2011..We defined the incidence and health outcomes related impact of noninfectious urethral catheter related complications for the 7 surgical procedures monitored by the Joint Commission as part of the Surgical Care Improvement Project...
- Time costs of fertility care: the hidden hardship of building a familyAlex K Wu
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1695, USA
Fertil Steril 99:2025-30. 2013..To determine the time that infertile couples spend seeking and utilizing fertility care...
- Selective arterial embolization of angiomyolipoma leading to pulmonary hypertensionFranklin Lee
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Can J Urol 17:5232-5. 2010..To report two cases of secondary pulmonary hypertension resulting from microsphere extravasation following selective arterial embolization of renal angiomyolipoma, its diagnosis, and management...