Rollin M Wright
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Use of osteoporosis medications in older nursing facility residentsRollin M Wright
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:453-7. 2007..Epidemiologic studies demonstrated that 70% to 85% of nursing home residents have osteoporosis. Few studies report comprehensive information about treatment of osteoporosis in nursing facilities...
- Central nervous system medication use and incident mobility limitation in community elders: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition studyRobert M Boudreau
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:916-22. 2009..To evaluate whether CNS medication use in older adults was associated with a higher risk of future incident mobility limitation...
- Effect of central nervous system medication use on decline in cognition in community-dwelling older adults: findings from the Health, Aging And Body Composition StudyRollin M Wright
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:243-50. 2009..To evaluate whether combined use of multiple central nervous system (CNS) medications over time is associated with cognitive change...
- Number and dosage of central nervous system medications on recurrent falls in community elders: the Health, Aging and Body Composition studyJoseph T Hanlon
Department of Medicine, Geriatrics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:492-8. 2009..The study objective was to evaluate whether multiple- or high-dose CNS medication use in older adults was associated with a higher risk of recurrent (>or=2) falls...
- Underuse of indicated medications among physically frail older US veterans at the time of hospital discharge: results of a cross-sectional analysis of data from the Geriatric Evaluation and Management Drug StudyRollin M Wright
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:271-80. 2009..Medication underutilization, or the omission of a potentially beneficial medication indicated for disease management, is common among older adults but poorly understood...
- Epidemiology of medication-related adverse events in nursing homesSteven M Handler
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:264-72. 2006....
- Geriatric pharmacology: safer prescribing for the elderly patientRollin M Wright
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 94:90-7. 2004..This article reviews prescribing situations with elderly patients commonly encountered by the podiatric physician. Strategies for medication management are provided to minimize the risk of adverse drug events in the older patient...
- Use of medication technicians in US nursing homes: part of the problem or part of the solution?Carmel M Hughes
School of Pharmacy, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:294-304. 2006..To determine the relation between organizational characteristics and medication technician (MT) use and quantify the impact of MTs on increasing the likelihood of using medications, employing the example of antiosteoporosis medications...