Nicole C Wright
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Recent trends in hip fracture rates by race/ethnicity among older US adultsNicole C Wright
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:2325-32. 2012..Further research is needed to understand mechanisms responsible for declining rates in some and not others, as hip fractures continue to be a major problem among the elderly...
- From fracture risk prediction to evaluating fracture patterns: recent advances in the epidemiology of osteoporosisNicole C Wright
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 14:205-11. 2012..We also discuss recent evaluations of secular trends in fracture incidence...
- Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with less optimal hip structural geometryNicole C Wright
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Clin Densitom 15:39-48. 2012..Within the WHI-BMD, women with RA group had reduced BMD and structural geometry at baseline, and this reduction was seen at a fixed rate throughout the 9 yr of study...
- Arthritis increases the risk for fractures--results from the Women's Health InitiativeNicole C Wright
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Rheumatol 38:1680-8. 2011..To examine the relationship between arthritis and fracture...
- Self-reported osteoarthritis, ethnicity, body mass index, and other associated risk factors in postmenopausal women-results from the Women's Health InitiativeNicole C Wright
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Tuscon, Arizona, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1736-43. 2008..79, 3.91) women, indicating a significant interactive effect of BMI and ethnicity on odds of OA. In conclusion, OA is a highly prevalent condition in postmenopausal women, and there are differential effects according to ethnicity...
- Central DXA utilization shifts from office-based to hospital-based settings among medicare beneficiaries in the wake of reimbursement changesJie Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:858-64. 2012..The reduction in DXA reimbursement was associated with a decrease in the number of DXAs performed in physician offices and fewer physician offices that provided DXA services...
- Physicians' explanations for apparent gaps in the quality of rheumatology care: results from the US Medicare Physician Quality Reporting SystemJeffrey R Curtis
University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:235-43. 2013..We described the frequency and nature of physician-reported reasons why recommended care for individual osteoporosis and RA patients was not provided...
- Stronger bone correlates with African admixture in African-American womenZhao Chen
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:2307-16. 2011..However, women with higher percent African admixture had larger reductions in bone strength than non-Hispanic white women during the follow-up...
- Potential and pitfalls of using large administrative claims data to study the safety of osteoporosis therapiesJie Zhang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Services Comparative Effectiveness Research Training Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, RPHB 517B, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:273-82. 2011....
- Pilot study of dietary influences on mammographic density in pre- and postmenopausal Hispanic and non-Hispanic white womenCynthia A Thomson
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721 0038, USA
Menopause 14:243-50. 2007....
- Performance evaluation of a multiplex assay for future use in biomarker discovery efforts to predict body compositionJennifer W Bea
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:817-24. 2011..We sought to determine the best blood fraction for multiplex evaluation of circulating biomarkers in post-menopausal women, and to explore body composition phenotype discrimination by biomarkers...