Affiliation: University of Akron
- Prevalence and patterns of posttraumatic stress disorder in abused and postabused womenS J Woods
College of Nursing, University of Akron, Ohio 44325, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 21:309-24. 2000..The postabused women were out of the abusive relationship an average of nine years, yet continued to experience PTSD symptoms...
- Trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder symptom clusters, and physical health symptoms in postabused womenStephanie J Woods
College of Nursing, University of Akron, OH 44325, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 18:26-34. 2004..The results highlight the need for health care practitioners in all settings to assess for a history of trauma in a woman's life...
- Intimate partner violence and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in women: what we know and need to knowStephanie J Woods
The University of Akron, College of Nursing, Akron, OH, USA
J Interpers Violence 20:394-402. 2005..Primary recommendations for future research includes the need for longitudinal and intervention research that incorporates a range of psychosocial and physiologic health outcomes...
- Predicting immune status in women from PTSD and childhood and adult violenceStephanie J Woods
University of Akron College of Nursing, Akron, Ohio 44325, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 28:306-19. 2005..This prediction occurs through both direct and indirect pathways from IPV to immune status and from IPV to immune status through PTSD...
- Physical health and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in women experiencing intimate partner violenceStephanie J Woods
University of Akron College of Nursing, Akron, OH 44325 3701, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 53:538-46. 2008..More than 75% of the women had sought treatment from a health care professional in the previous 9 months. Implications for practice are discussed...
- Subjective sleep quality in women experiencing intimate partner violence: contributions of situational, psychological, and physiological factorsStephanie J Woods
The University of Akron College of Nursing, Akron, OH 44325 3701, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:141-50. 2010..Posttraumatic stress disorder and stress health symptoms functioned as mediators of childhood maltreatment and IPV effects on both global sleep quality and disruptive nighttime behaviors, but depression did not...
- PTSD, Cortisol, Immune Function with Battering Over TimeSTEPHANIE WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Findings will provide a theoretical foundation upon which to develop nursing interventions directed towards the prevention and reduction of long-term physical and mental health consequences of IPV. ..