Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Primary care physician management, referral, and relations with specialists concerning patients at risk for cancer due to family historyM E Wood
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Family Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Public Health Genomics 16:75-82. 2013..Risk stratification based on family history is a feature of screening guidelines for a number of cancers and referral guidelines for genetic counseling/testing for cancer risk...
- Second malignant neoplasms: assessment and strategies for risk reductionMarie E Wood
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3734-45. 2012....
- Primary care physicians' use of family history for cancer risk assessmentBrian S Flynn
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
BMC Fam Pract 11:45. 2010..Family history (FH) assessment is useful in identifying and managing patients at increased risk for cancer. This study assessed reported FH quality and associations with physician perceptions...
- Ductal lavage of cancerous and unaffected breasts: procedure success rate and cancer detectionMarie E Wood
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405, USA
Acta Cytol 53:410-5. 2009..To evaluate ductal lavage (DL) performance in women with known breast cancer and to assess cell yield from contralateral high-risk breasts...
- Interviews with primary care physicians regarding taking and interpreting the cancer family historyMarie E Wood
Hematology Oncology Division, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Fam Pract 25:334-40. 2008..The cancer family history can be used to stratify risk and guide management regarding screening and prevention of cancer...
- Discrepancy between preference and actual adjuvant therapy for breast cancerMarie E Wood
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
Clin Breast Cancer 10:398-403. 2010..Pretreatment preferences for adjuvant therapy were examined and compared with actual treatment received...
- Randomized noninferiority trial of telephone versus in-person genetic counseling for hereditary breast and ovarian cancerMarc D Schwartz
Marc D Schwartz, Beth N Peshkin, Jeanne Mandelblatt, Rachel Nusum, An Tsun Huang, Yaojen Chang, Kristi Graves, Claudine Isaacs, George Luta, Sarah Kelleher, Kara Grace Leventhal, Patti Vegella, Angie Tong, and Lesley King, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC Heiddis B Valdimarsdottir, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY Marie Wood and Wendy McKinnon, Familial Cancer Program of the Vermont Cancer Center, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT Judy Garber and Shelley McCormick, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA and Anita Y Kinney, University of Utah School of Medicine and Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
J Clin Oncol 32:618-26. 2014..As genomic testing becomes more common, evaluating alternative delivery approaches becomes increasingly salient. We tested whether telephone delivery of BRCA1/2 genetic counseling was noninferior to in-person delivery...
- Survey of unaffected BRCA and mismatch repair (MMR) mutation positive individualsWendy McKinnon
Familial Cancer Program of the Vermont Cancer Center, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Fam Cancer 8:363-9. 2009..There were no reports of job discrimination. Results suggest fear of GD is prevalent, yet data do not support evidence that GD exists...
- Effectiveness of a single-day three-drug regimen of dexamethasone, palonosetron, and aprepitant for the prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting caused by moderately emetogenic chemotherapySteven M Grunberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, Vermont Cancer Center, 89 Beaumont Avenue Given Bldg E214, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Support Care Cancer 17:589-94. 2009..The present study evaluated a more convenient single-day three-drug antiemetic regimen for patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Results of an intervention for individuals and families with BRCA mutations: a model for providing medical updates and psychosocial support following genetic testingWendy McKinnon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Genet Couns 16:433-56. 2007..We conclude that this type of forum provides a valuable opportunity for BRCA carriers and their families to receive updated medical information, share personal experiences, provide and receive support, as well as change health behaviors...
- Phase I/II trial of adjuvant dose-dense docetaxel/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide (TEC) in stage II and III breast cancerSusan Burdette-Radoux
Vermont Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Breast J 13:274-80. 2007..All four patients receiving neoadjuvant TEC had significant clinical responses (one CR, three PR). No pathologic CRs were seen...
- Selecting adjuvant endocrine therapy for breast cancerJonathan D Eneman
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:1733-44, discussion 1744-5, 1748, 1751-4. 2004..Finally, four cases illustrating these difficult decisions will be discussed, with recommendations for treatment...
- Factors Influencing Use of Cancer Genetics by PhysiciansMarie Wood; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Factors Influencing Use of Cancer Genetics by PhysiciansMarie Wood; Fiscal Year: 2004....