Affiliation: University of California
- Adherence with hypertension care among Hmong AmericansCandice C Wong
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Community Health Nurs 22:143-56. 2005..Findings suggest that adherence was not due to lack of health care coverage; instead, it may be due to gaps in health services...
- The Chinese community smoking cessation project: a community sensitive intervention trialCandice C Wong
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0610, USA
J Community Health 33:363-73. 2008..Community sensitive collaborative process facilitated implementation of study protocol in community health care settings...
- Engaging community in the quality of hypertension care project with Hmong AmericansCandice Wong
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, N611Y, San Francisco, California 94143 0610, USA
J Cult Divers 15:30-6. 2008..Applying community-sensitive research methods ensured the success of the project...
- Patterns of tobacco-use behavior among Chinese smokers with medical conditionsCandice C Wong
Institutes for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118 0646, USA
J Community Health 34:472-9. 2009..Future tobacco treatment studies should pay attention to health status among smokers in health-care settings in order to provide a more accurate assessment of treatment needs and of barriers to successful smoking cessation...
- A pilot study of relationships among pain characteristics, mood disturbances, and acculturation in a community sample of Chinese American patients with cancerJanet Edrington
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:172-81. 2010....
- Smoke-free policies among Asian-American women: comparisons by education statusElisa K Tong
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:S144-50. 2009..California's ethnic-specific surveys present an opportunity to disaggregate data and examine the impact of California's smoke-free social norm campaign for Asian-American women...
- Barriers to pain management in a community sample of Chinese American patients with cancerJanet Edrington
School of Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, California, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 37:665-75. 2009..Chinese American cancer patients need to be assessed for pain and perceived barriers to cancer pain management to optimize pain management...
- A review of the literature on the pain experience of Chinese patients with cancerJanet Edrington
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0610, USA
Cancer Nurs 30:335-46. 2007..In contrast, little information is available about the impact of cancer pain on the cognitive and sociocultural dimensions of the pain experience for Chinese patients...
- Characterization of systemic hypertension in the San Francisco Chinese communityDiana S Lau
Asian Heart and Vascular Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:570-3. 2005....