Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Parasitic infection improves survival from septic peritonitis by enhancing mast cell responses to bacteria in miceRachel E Sutherland
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27564. 2011....
- Pathogenesis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisPaul J Wolters
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 email
Annu Rev Pathol 9:157-79. 2014..We then discuss the pathologic changes within IPF fibroblasts and the extracellular matrix, and we conclude with a summary of how these profibrotic pathways may be interrelated. ..
- Cleaved cytokeratin-18 is a mechanistically informative biomarker in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSeung Ick Cha
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Respir Res 13:105. 2012....
- Clinical problem-solving. Anchors awayCarolyn S Calfee
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 356:504-9. 2007
- Mouse and human lung fibroblasts regulate dendritic cell trafficking, airway inflammation, and fibrosis through integrin αvβ8-mediated activation of TGF-βHideya Kitamura
Department of Pathology, UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2863-75. 2011..Our data therefore indicate that fibroblasts have a crucial role in regulating both fibrotic and immune responses in the lung...
- Systemic mast cell degranulation increases mortality during polymicrobial septic peritonitis in miceEric J Seeley
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Leukoc Biol 90:591-7. 2011..These results indicate that in contrast to the benefits of local MC activation during infection, systemic MC activation worsens survival during CLP-induced sepsis...
- Alveolar epithelial cells express mesenchymal proteins in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisCecilia Marmai
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0111, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L71-8. 2011..These data suggest that alveolar type II cells can acquire features of mesenchymal cells in IPF lungs and that TGF-β can mediate this process...
- Mast cell IL-6 improves survival from Klebsiella pneumonia and sepsis by enhancing neutrophil killingRachel E Sutherland
Department of Medicine and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 181:5598-605. 2008..These results establish that mast cell IL-6 is a critical mediator of survival following K. pneumoniae infection and sepsis and suggest that IL-6 protects from death by augmenting neutrophil killing of bacteria...
- Relationships between early inflammatory response to bleomycin and sensitivity to lung fibrosis: a role for dipeptidyl-peptidase I and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3?Nicolas Pottier
IPMC, CNRS UMR6097, 660, route des Lucioles, F06560 Sophia Antipolis, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:1098-107. 2007..Different sensitivities to profibrotic compounds such as bleomycin are observed among mouse strains...
- Idiopathic nonspecific interstitial pneumonia: lung manifestation of undifferentiated connective tissue disease?Brent W Kinder
Department of Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:691-7. 2007....
- Neutrophil histamine contributes to inflammation in mycoplasma pneumoniaXiang Xu
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Microbiology Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco 94121, USA
J Exp Med 203:2907-17. 2006..These findings suggest that neutrophils, provoked by mycoplasma, greatly expand their capacity to synthesize histamine, thereby contributing to lung and airway inflammation...
- Cutting edge: Deficiency of macrophage migration inhibitory factor impairs murine airway allergic responsesBing Wang
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 77th Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 177:5779-84. 2006....
- Mast cells protect mice from Mycoplasma pneumoniaXiang Xu
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mailstop 111 D, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:219-25. 2006..Mice infected with Mycoplasma pulmonis can develop localized, life-long airway infection accompanied by persistent inflammation and remodeling...
- c-Kit immunophenotyping and metalloproteinase expression profiles of mast cells in interstitial lung diseasesSamuel T Edwards
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0911, USA
J Pathol 206:279-90. 2005..We conclude that ILD microenvironments induce unique c-Kit receptor and metalloproteinase mast cell phenotypes...
- Mast Cells and the Host Response in the LungPaul Wolters; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge can then be applied to the development of new treatments for bacterial pneumonia that modulate the activity of specific mast cells proteins in ways that improve survival. ..
- MAST CELL CYSTEINE PROTEASES IN LUNG INFLAMMATIONPaul Wolters; Fiscal Year: 2003..McKerrow), immunohistopathology (Dr. McDonald), and pulmonary diseases (Dr. Matthay), who will guide the candidates development into an independent investigator in pulmonary research. ..