Susan D Wolfsthal
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Development of required postgraduate palliative care training for internal medicine residents and medical oncology fellowsDouglas D Ross
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cancer Educ 19:81-7. 2004..The need for better care for terminally ill patients led us to create an educational program to provide internal medicine residents and medical oncology fellows basic competency in palliative and end-of-life care...
- Cocaine-induced pseudovasculitisDaphne R Friedman
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:671-3. 2005..The ability to recognize and differentiate between true vasculitis and pseudovasculitis is essential for the clinician because treatment options are radically disparate...
- Benchmarks of support in internal medicine residency training programsSusan D Wolfsthal
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Acad Med 77:50-6. 2002..To identify benchmarks of financial and staff support in internal medicine residency training programs and their correlation with indicators of quality...
- Emergencies in diabetic patients in the primary care settingSusan D Wolfsthal
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Education Office, Room N3E09, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Prim Care 33:711-25. 2006....
- Creative solution for implementation of experiential, competency-based palliative care training for internal medicine residentsDouglas D Ross
Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:436-43. 2011..Resident and faculty evaluation of the training programs is favorable. Outcome-based measures are planned to evaluate long-term program effectiveness...
- Web-based training improves knowledge about central line bloodstream infectionsAngela Comer
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Division of Genomic Epidemiology and Clinical Outcomes, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:1219-22. 2011..To our knowledge, this is the first study to evaluate Web-based CLABSI training as a stand-alone intervention...
- Shifting paradigms: from Flexner to competenciesCarol Carraccio
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Acad Med 77:361-7. 2002....