Randal A Wolff
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 antisense treatment of rat vein grafts reduces the accumulation of collagen and increases the accumulation of h-caldesmonRandal A Wolff
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital and University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3236, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:1028-36. 2006..Transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta1) is a pleiotropic cytokine known to have powerful effects on cell growth, apoptosis, cell differentiation, and extracellular matrix synthesis...
- Antisense to transforming growth factor-beta1 messenger RNA reduces vein graft intimal hyperplasia and monocyte chemotactic protein 1Randal A Wolff
Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:498-508. 2005..Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) is a pleiotropic cytokine with powerful effects on inflammatory cell chemotaxis; smooth muscle cell, fibroblast, and endothelial cell proliferation; and extracellular matrix synthesis...
- Antisense to transforming growth factor-beta(1) facilitates the apoptosis of macrophages in rat vein graftsNicholas S Heaton
W S Middleton VA Hospital and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisc, USA
J Vasc Res 45:365-74. 2008..Transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta(1) has effects on cell proliferation, apoptosis and extracellular matrix synthesis. We have previously observed positive changes in vessel healing with antisense to TGF-beta(1)...
- Beta-galactosidase-tagged adventitial myofibroblasts tracked to the neointima in healing rat vein graftsJeffrey J Tomas
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Vasc Res 40:266-75. 2003..In rat vein grafts, we have observed the prolonged presence of myofibroblasts. Our aim was to determine the origin of myofibroblasts in vein grafts...
- 17 beta-estradiol attenuates intimal hyperplasia and macrophage accumulation with a reduction in monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 expression in a vein graft modelMasaaki Ryomoto
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Madison, WI, USA
J Vasc Surg 36:613-21. 2002..Our goal was to assess whether 17 beta-estradiol (E(2)) inhibits vein graft intimal hyperplasia coincident with a reduction in monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) expression and macrophage accumulation...
- Macrophage depletion reduces monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 in healing rat vein graftsRandal A Wolff
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Madison 53792, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:878-88. 2004....