Randal A Wolff
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 antisense treatment of rat vein grafts reduces the accumulation of collagen and increases the accumulation of h-caldesmonRandal A Wolff
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital and University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3236, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:1028-36. 2006..Transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta1) is a pleiotropic cytokine known to have powerful effects on cell growth, apoptosis, cell differentiation, and extracellular matrix synthesis...
- Antisense to transforming growth factor-beta1 messenger RNA reduces vein graft intimal hyperplasia and monocyte chemotactic protein 1Randal A Wolff
Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:498-508. 2005..The clinical effect of such treatments would be enormous, because they would increase graft longevity, thereby enhancing quality of life and enabling patients to live without the threat of limb loss or recurrent heart attack...
- Antisense to transforming growth factor-beta(1) facilitates the apoptosis of macrophages in rat vein graftsNicholas S Heaton
W S Middleton VA Hospital and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisc, USA
J Vasc Res 45:365-74. 2008..Transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta(1) has effects on cell proliferation, apoptosis and extracellular matrix synthesis. We have previously observed positive changes in vessel healing with antisense to TGF-beta(1)...
- Beta-galactosidase-tagged adventitial myofibroblasts tracked to the neointima in healing rat vein graftsJeffrey J Tomas
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Vasc Res 40:266-75. 2003....
- 17 beta-estradiol attenuates intimal hyperplasia and macrophage accumulation with a reduction in monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 expression in a vein graft modelMasaaki Ryomoto
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Madison, WI, USA
J Vasc Surg 36:613-21. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: E(2) treatment reduces vein-graft intimal hyperplasia coincident with a reduction in MCP-1 expression, macrophage accumulation, and cell proliferation...
- Macrophage depletion reduces monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 in healing rat vein graftsRandal A Wolff
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Madison 53792, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:878-88. 2004..This work raises the question whether clinical strategies designed to either decrease macrophages or the cytokines released by macrophages at the time of vein graft placement will be efficacious for limiting the development of IH...