Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Impulsive and non-impulsive suicide attempts in patients treated for alcohol dependenceMarcin Wojnar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, United States
J Affect Disord 115:131-9. 2009..The aim of the study was to identify correlates of impulsive and non-impulsive suicide attempts among a treated population of alcohol-dependent patients...
- Assessment and prevalence of depression in women 45-55 years of age visiting gynecological clinics in Poland: screening for depression among midlife gynecologic patientsM Wojnar
Out patient Department of Psychiatry, Nowowiejski Hospital, Warsaw, Poland
Arch Womens Ment Health 6:193-201. 2003..Results also suggested that about 19% of women aged 45 to 55 years visiting gynecologists may suffer from depressive disorders...
- Impulsive suicide attempts predict post-treatment relapse in alcohol-dependent patientsMarcin Wojnar
Medical University of Warsaw, Department of Psychiatry, Nowowiejska 27, 00 665 Warsaw, Poland
Drug Alcohol Depend 97:268-75. 2008..Specifically, a lifetime suicide attempt at baseline was used to predict relapse in the year after treatment. Also, the unique contribution of impulsive suicide attempts was examined...
- Sleep problems and suicidality in the National Comorbidity Survey ReplicationMarcin Wojnar
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5763, USA
J Psychiatr Res 43:526-31. 2009..Using data from a nationally representative survey, we examined the association between self-reported sleep difficulties and suicidality in the United States...
- Association between Val66Met brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene polymorphism and post-treatment relapse in alcohol dependenceMarcin Wojnar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:693-702. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine relationships between genetic markers of central serotonin (5-HT) and dopamine function, and risk for post-treatment relapse, in a sample of alcohol-dependent patients...