Max V Wohlauer
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- The computerized rounding report: implementation of a model system to support transitions of careMax V Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Surg Res 172:11-7. 2012..Patient safety is an issue with this new paradigm. We hypothesized that computerized sign-out would improve resident efficiency...
- Fragmented care in the era of limited work hours: a plea for an explicit handover curriculumMax Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12631 E 17th Ave, C302, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:i16-8. 2012..Done well, handovers can preserve the physician-patient relationship and provide a continuity bridge during a vulnerable time for patients...
- The patient handoff: a comprehensive curricular blueprint for resident education to improve continuity of careMax V Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Acad Med 87:411-8. 2012..Increasingly complex patient care environments require both innovations in handoff education and improvements in patient care systems to improve continuity of care...
- Isoflurane prevents acute lung injury through ADP-mediated platelet inhibitionJeffrey N Harr
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Surgery 152:270-6. 2012..The potential benefit of halogenated ethers has not been investigated in models of trauma/hemorrhagic shock (T/HS). Therefore, we hypothesized that isoflurane decreases T/HS-mediated ALI through platelet inhibition...
- The 5-lipoxygenase pathway is required for acute lung injury following hemorrhagic shockJohn C Eun
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80204, USA
Shock 37:599-604. 2012..This pathway could represent a new target for pharmacological intervention to reduce lung damage following severe primary injury...
- Early platelet dysfunction: an unrecognized role in the acute coagulopathy of traumaMax V Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:739-46. 2012..Although the current debate on acute traumatic coagulopathy has focused on the consumption or inhibition of coagulation factors, the question of early platelet dysfunction in this setting remains unclear...
- Acute kidney injury and posttrauma multiple organ failure: the canary in the coal mineMax V Wohlauer
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 72:373-8; discussion 379-80. 2012..Thus, we conducted a comprehensive evaluation of the epidemiology and outcomes of early AKI among severely injured patients as well as its impact on the development of postinjury multiple organ failure (MOF)...