Affiliation: University of California
- Comparison of alternative primary outcome measures for use in lupus nephritis clinical trialsDavid Wofsy
Arthritis Immunology Unit 111R, San Francisco VA Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:1586-91. 2013....
- Recent progress in conventional and biologic therapy for systemic lupus erythematosusDavid Wofsy
Division of Rheumatology, The Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis at the University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 72:ii66-8. 2013..These advances in the use of conventional therapies provide an important frame of reference for evaluating the novel biologic therapies that are expected to emerge in the near future...
- Abatacept for lupus nephritis: alternative definitions of complete response support conflicting conclusionsDavid Wofsy
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3660-5. 2012..In so doing, we sought to determine which criteria are most sensitive to differences among treatment groups and to further examine the potential of abatacept in lupus nephritis...
- Trials and tribulations in systemic lupus erythematosusDavid Wofsky
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 68:175-8. 2010..These advances provide an important backdrop for recent trials designed to determine the potential value of several promising biologic therapies for SLE...
- Identification of biomarkers that predict response to treatment of lupus nephritis with mycophenolate mofetil or pulse cyclophosphamideMaria Dall'Era
University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0633, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:351-7. 2011..To this end, we utilized data from the Aspreva Lupus Management Study to identify possible baseline and early predictors of renal response to mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) or intravenous (IV) cyclophosphamide (CYC)...
- Biologic therapy for systemic lupus erythematosusMaria Dall'Era
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Discov Med 9:20-3. 2010..This encouraging news follows several disappointments in trials of other biologic therapies and provides a timely moment to reflect on where we stand, what we have learned, and what may lie ahead...
- Mycophenolate versus azathioprine as maintenance therapy for lupus nephritisMary Anne Dooley
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1886-95. 2011..Maintenance therapy, often with azathioprine or mycophenolate mofetil, is required to consolidate remission and prevent relapse after the initial control of lupus nephritis...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus clinical trials-an interim analysisMaria Dall'Era
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 5:348-51. 2009..This article provides an analysis of the major clinical trials in SLE, and offers an interpretation of the results that could illuminate the path forward...
- Regulatory T cells as therapeutic targets in rheumatoid arthritisJonathan H Esensten
Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 5:560-5. 2009..Thus, cell-based therapy with TREG has the potential to produce durable disease remission in patients with RA...
- A quality indicator set for systemic lupus erythematosusJinoos Yazdany
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:370-7. 2009..To systematically develop a quality indicator (QI) set for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Inhibition of T cell costimulation: an emerging therapeutic strategy for autoimmune rheumatic diseasesDavid I Daikh
Arthritis Unit 111R, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:322-4. 2006