Holly O Witteman
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Delayed educational reminders for long-term medication adherence in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (DERLA-STEMI): protocol for a pragmatic, cluster-randomized controlled trialNoah M Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre, Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Ave Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Implement Sci 7:54. 2012..Discontinuation of cardiac medications in such patients is associated with increased mortality...
- Risk estimates from an online risk calculator are more believable and recalled better when expressed as integersHolly O Witteman
Program in Health Communication and Decision Making, Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
J Med Internet Res 13:e54. 2011..People interpret numbers in varying ways depending on how they are presented, and we do not know how the number of decimal places displayed might influence perceptions of risk estimates...
- Animated graphics for comparing two risks: a cautionary taleBrian J Zikmund-Fisher
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
J Med Internet Res 14:e106. 2012..Research on the use of animated graphics, however, has yielded mixed findings, and little research exists to identify the specific animations that might improve risk knowledge and patients' decision making...
- The defining characteristics of Web 2.0 and their potential influence in the online vaccination debateHolly O Witteman
Program in Health Communication and Decision Making, Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5429, USA
Vaccine 30:3734-40. 2012....
- Cool but counterproductive: interactive, Web-based risk communications can backfireBrian J Zikmund-Fisher
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States bzikmund at umich edu
J Med Internet Res 13:e60. 2011..Such interactive tools could potentially be incorporated in a new generation of Web-based decision aids...