Angela M Wisniewski
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Reimbursement and practice policies among providers of buprenorphine-naloxone treatmentAngela M Wisniewski
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Subst Abus 34:105-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate the clinical practice policies of physicians who provide office-based treatment for opioid dependence with buprenorphine-naloxone...
- What happens to orders written for older primary care patients?Angela M Wisniewski
Department of Family Medicine, University at Buffalo, NY, USA
Fam Med 44:252-8. 2012..Data are limited on order completion errors in primary care. The objective of this study was to determine the incidence and nature of order completion errors among community-dwelling older adults...
- The epidemiologic association between opioid prescribing, non-medical use, and emergency department visitsAngela M Wisniewski
University at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Department of Family Medicine, Family Medicine Research Institute, 462 Grider Street, Room CC 191, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Addict Dis 27:1-11. 2008..Since the 1990s prescriptions for and the non-medical use of opioids have increased. This study examines associations between opioid prescribing, non-medical use, and emergency department (ED) visits...
- Assessment of safety attitudes in a skilled nursing facilityAngela M Wisniewski
Department of Family Medicine, University at Buffalo, USA
Geriatr Nurs 28:126-36. 2007..5-2.9). The SAQ provided insight into employees' safety attitudes and can be used to identify opportunities for improvements in safety...
- Improving quality of NSAID prescribing by internal medicine trainees with an educational interventionBruce J Naughton
Department of Medicine, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, New York, USA
Teach Learn Med 22:287-92. 2010..Education innovations in postgraduate training designed to improve patient safety should comply with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)...
- Pharmacologic therapy for acute painRichard D Blondell
State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Am Fam Physician 87:766-72. 2013..Because of the growing misuse and diversion of controlled substances, caution should be used when prescribing opioids, even for short-term treatment. Patients should be advised to properly dispose of unused medications. ..