Kupper A Wintergerst
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- The impact of health insurance coverage on pediatric diabetes managementKupper A Wintergerst
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 90:40-4. 2010..To examine the association between health insurance coverage, insulin management plans, and their impact on diabetes control in a pediatric type 1 diabetes mellitus clinic population...
- Glucose control in pediatric intensive care unit patients using an insulin-glucose algorithmKupper A Wintergerst
Pediatric Endocrinology, Kosair Children s Hospital, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 9:211-22. 2007..We have evaluated the use of a discrete proportional-integral-derivative (PID) algorithm to control hyperglycemia in pediatric ICU (PICU) patients both with and without diabetes...
- Association of hyperglycemia, glucocorticoids, and insulin use with morbidity and mortality in the pediatric intensive care unitKupper A Wintergerst
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 6:5-14. 2012..This study preceded the initiation of a standard glycemic control protocol...
- Hyperthyroidism presenting with hyperglycemia in an adolescent femaleKupper A Wintergerst
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:385-7. 2011..Clinical examination and laboratory findings revealed a primary diagnosis of Graves' hyperthyroidism with associated impaired glucose tolerance. Here, we review the mechanisms of thyrotoxicosis resulting in impaired glucose metabolism...
- Association of hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and glucose variability with morbidity and death in the pediatric intensive care unitKupper A Wintergerst
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Stanford University, S 302 Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5208, USA
Pediatrics 118:173-9. 2006..We evaluated retrospectively plasma glucose levels and the degree of hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and glucose variability in a PICU and then assessed their association with hospital length of stay and mortality rates...
- Phthalate exposure and precocious puberty in femalesJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
J Pediatr 156:221-5. 2010..To determine whether phthalate exposure is associated with precocious puberty in girls...