Stuart S Winter
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- GSI-I (Z-LLNle-CHO) inhibits γ-secretase and the proteosome to trigger cell death in precursor-B acute lymphoblastic leukemiaX Meng
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Leukemia 25:1135-46. 2011....
- Pediatric acute leukemia therapies informed by molecular analysis of high-risk diseaseStuart S Winter
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5311, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:366-73. 2011....
- Identification of genomic classifiers that distinguish induction failure in T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupStuart S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5311, USA
Blood 110:1429-38. 2007..Genetic profiling may identify T-ALL patients who are likely to fail induction and for whom alternate treatment strategies might be beneficial...
- Enhanced T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukaemia cell survival on bone marrow stroma requires involvement of LFA-1 and ICAM-1S S Winter
Department of Paediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Br J Haematol 115:862-71. 2001..This is the first report to demonstrate the importance of LFA-1/ICAM-1-mediated adhesion as a critical event in a cascade of cell surface receptor-ligand interactions that regulate T-ALL survival in the BM microenvironment...
- High-throughput screening for daunorubicin-mediated drug resistance identifies mometasone furoate as a novel ABCB1-reversal agentStuart S Winter
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, MSC 105590, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5311, USA
J Biomol Screen 13:185-93. 2008..In addition, the approach used in this study is useful for identifying off-patent drugs that may be repurposed for novel clinical indications...
- Antimetabolite-based therapy in childhood T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report of POG study 9296Stuart S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:179-86. 2006....
- High-throughput flow cytometry to detect selective inhibitors of ABCB1, ABCC1, and ABCG2 transportersIrena Ivnitski-Steele
Cytometry, Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 6:263-76. 2008....
- Genetic alterations determine chemotherapy resistance in childhood T-ALL: modelling in stage-specific cell lines and correlation with diagnostic patient samplesDavid A Estes
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM 87112, USA
Br J Haematol 139:20-30. 2007....
- Computerized system for outcomes-based antiemetic therapy in childrenM T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Ann Pharmacother 34:1101-8. 2000..To introduce a computerized data collection system used for an outcomes-based approach to antiemetic therapy in children, and to present data collected with this system in support of a new antiemetic dosing regimen...
- Enhanced leukemia cell detection using a novel magnetic needle and nanoparticlesJason E Jaetao
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico and Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Cancer Res 69:8310-6. 2009....
- Safe integration of nelarabine into intensive chemotherapy in newly diagnosed T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Children's Oncology Group Study AALL0434Stuart S Winter
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Pediatr Blood Cancer 62:1176-83. 2015....
- Economic comparison of home-care-based versus hospital-based treatment of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia in childrenDennis W Raisch
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Value Health 6:158-66. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare health-care resource utilization and outcomes among children treated for low-risk febrile neutropenia (FN) in a hospital-based setting with those treated in a home-care-based setting...
- Pain and distress from bone marrow aspirations and lumbar puncturesMark T Holdsworth
Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1066, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:17-22. 2003..To compare the efficacy of 3 different pharmacologic regimens to relieve pain and distress in children with cancer undergoing bone marrow aspirations (BMAs) and lumbar punctures (LPs)...
- Novel applications of recombinant factor VIIa for the management of pediatric coagulopathic diseasesPrasad Mathew
University of New Mexico, Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5311, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:499-502. 2003..Using laboratory and clinical measures of outcome, the use of rVIIa as a therapeutic option in treating several different pediatric coagulopathic conditions is described...
- Risk determinants for catheter-associated blood stream infections in children and young adults with cancerRebekah C Allen
School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:53-8. 2008..In order to understand which factors might predispose to CABSIs in children and young adults, we evaluated risk for infection in association with tumor type, catheter type, and setting of occurrence...
- Bone marrow stroma-supported culture of T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemic cells predicts treatment outcome in children: a Pediatric Oncology Group studyS S Winter
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Department of Pediatrics, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Leukemia 16:1121-6. 2002..A prospective study is needed to test whether stroma-supported leukemic cell recovery might serve as a basis for assigning risk-adjusted therapy...
- Pyrosequencing for classification of human FcγRIIIA allotypes: a comparison with PCR-based techniquesKsenia Matlawska-Wasowska
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology and Oncology, MSC 10 5590, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM, 87131, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 18:665-73. 2014..Therefore, it is important to identify CD16 allotypes when considering mAb therapies that require ADCC/ADCP...
- Is prolonged stem cell mobilization detrimental for hematopoiesis?Alexandre Chigaev
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, United States
Med Hypotheses 77:1111-3. 2011..Furthermore, we also postulate that such cytopenias are caused by a loss of the niche environment, which is known to be essential for stem cell maintenance...
- Differential expression of Ikaros isoforms in monozygotic twins with MLL-rearranged precursor-B acute lymphoblastic leukemiaThomas Russell
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:941-4. 2008..Further exploration of Ikaros expression in the background of MLL rearrangements may provide new insights into disease pathogenesis and could offer targets for novel chemotherapeutic agents...
- Risk for leukemia in infants without Down syndrome who have transient myeloproliferative disorderThomas Cushing
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
J Pediatr 148:687-9. 2006..We recommend that nondysmorphic infants with TMD undergo chromosome analysis for trisomy 21 and testing for GATA1 mutations to aid surveillance for leukemic transformation...
- Clinical manifestations of hemoglobin Chico at high altitudeCindi R Starkey
Department of Pathology, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:760-2. 2006..At 16 years of age, he had mild anemia and a decreased pulse oximetry (83%) but sufficient pulmonary reserve to participate in physically demanding activities...
- Transcriptional regulatory networks downstream of TAL1/SCL in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaTeresa Palomero
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, 1150 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 108:986-92. 2006..Our results indicate that TAL1 may act as a bifunctional transcriptional regulator (activator and repressor) at the top of a complex regulatory network that disrupts normal T-cell homeostasis and contributes to leukemogenesis...
- Rasburicase for the management of tumor lysis syndrome in neonatesDeborah M McNutt
University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1445-50. 2006....