Jessamine P Winer
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Non-linear elasticity of extracellular matrices enables contractile cells to communicate local position and orientationJessamine P Winer
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6382. 2009..Thus cells are acutely responsive to the nonlinear elasticity of their substrates and can manipulate this rheological property to induce patterning...
- Plasma gelsolin modulates cellular response to sphingosine 1-phosphateRobert Bucki
Univ of Pennsylvania, Inst for Medicine and Engineering, 1010 Vagelos Research Laboratories, 3340 Smith Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1516-23. 2010..These findings suggest that gelsolin-mediated regulation of S1P bioactivity may be important to maintain immunomodulatory balance at inflammatory sites...
- The potential for salmon fibrin and thrombin to mitigate pain subsequent to cervical nerve root injuryChristine L Weisshaar
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6321, USA
Biomaterials 32:9738-46. 2011..0001) but was unchanged from injury responses for thrombin treatment. Results suggest that salmon fibrin and thrombin may be suitable biomaterials to mitigate pain...
- Fibrin gels and their clinical and bioengineering applicationsPaul A Janmey
Department of Physiology, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 3340 Smith Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J R Soc Interface 6:1-10. 2009..The biochemical and mechanical properties of fibrin have recently been exploited in numerous studies that suggest its potential for applications in medicine and bioengineering...
- Bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells become quiescent on soft substrates but remain responsive to chemical or mechanical stimuliJessamine P Winer
Department of Bioengineering, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 15:147-54. 2009..These observations suggest that mechanical signals from the elasticity of the extracellular matrix may be one of the factors that enable the bone marrow niche to maintain MSCs as a reservoir for a long period...