L S Wilson
Affiliation: University of California
- Pancreatic cancer: total costs and utilization of health servicesL S Wilson
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Surg Oncol 71:171-81. 1999..Accurate estimates of the cost of pancreatic cancer are unavailable; existing estimates are variable or not generalizable. This paper presents detailed cost estimates for pancreatic cancer by service, age, and gender...
- The economic burden of home care for children with HIV and other chronic illnessesLeslie S Wilson
University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California, Box 0613, Suite 420M, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1445-52. 2005....
- Cost-effectiveness of intraoperative facial nerve monitoring in middle ear or mastoid surgeryLeslie Wilson
Health Policy and Economics, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California, Suite 420M, Box 0613, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Laryngoscope 113:1736-45. 2003..One of the major barriers to its acceptance is cost. This study evaluates the cost-effectiveness of intraoperative facial nerve monitoring during middle ear or mastoid surgery...
- Modelling the cost-effectiveness of sentinel lymph node mapping and adjuvant interferon treatment for stage II melanomaL S Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0613, USA
Melanoma Res 12:607-17. 2002..In conclusion appropriate dosing of IFN therapy based on the results of SLM is a cost-effective strategy for stage II melanoma patients...
- The direct cost and incidence of systemic fungal infectionsLeslie S Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 420M, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Value Health 5:26-34. 2002..In this study we determined the incidence and direct inpatient and outpatient costs of systemic fungal infections (candidiasis, aspergillosis, cryptococcosis, histoplasmosis) in 1998...
- Model of estimated rates of colorectal cancer from polyp growth by year of surveillanceL S Wilson
Department of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Med Screen 8:187-96. 2001..Current models are unable to directly estimate changes in effects of chemoprevention on CRCs. The purpose is to develop a model to examine effects of changes in growth rates of polyps on surveillance intervals and risk of CRC...
- Annual direct cost of urinary incontinenceL Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0613, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:398-406. 2001..To estimate the annual direct cost of urinary incontinence in 1995 US dollars...
- Direct medical costs of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: chronic bronchitis and emphysemaL Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0622, USA
Respir Med 94:204-13. 2000..More attention to healthcare management of chronic bronchitis and emphysema is suggested, and improving inhaler and anti-smoking compliance might be important targets...
- Cost-effectiveness of Chagas disease interventions in latin america and the Caribbean: Markov modelsLeslie S Wilson
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:901-10. 2005..The best strategy to combat Chagas disease is combinations of vector control and a potential new drug...
- Longitudinal assessment of economic burden and clinical outcomes in acromegalyL S Wilson
Department of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Endocr Pract 7:170-80. 2001..Thus, from the standpoint of economics and well-being, a continued aggressive attitude toward screening programs and treatment of persistently active acromegaly seems warranted...
- Cumulative cost pattern comparison of prostate cancer treatmentsLeslie S Wilson
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cancer 109:518-27. 2007..The authors compared healthcare utilization and cost patterns of prostate cancer treatments over a span of 5.5 years in 4553 newly diagnosed patients stratified by age and risk group...
- Comparison of selection strategies for genetic testing of patients with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma: effectiveness and cost-effectivenessCarolina M Reyes
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Cancer 95:1848-56. 2002..Molecular testing for hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma (HNPCC) is becoming standard care and it is cost-effective compared with no genetic testing. However, the best strategy for detection of HNPCC gene carriers is unknown...
- Cost-effectiveness of implementation methods for ELISA serology testing of Trypanosoma cruzi in California blood banksLeslie S Wilson
University of California, San Francisco, California 94010 0613, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 79:53-68. 2008..The best strategy depends on site-specific risk. Census estimates of Hispanics do not predict donor risk well. We suggest using our screening questions to determine risk level and most cost-effective testing strategy...