Jeremy D Wilson
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Mie theory interpretations of light scattering from intact cellsJeremy D Wilson
Department of Radiology, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 648, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Opt Lett 30:2442-4. 2005....
- Characterization of lysosomal contribution to whole-cell light scattering by organelle ablationJeremy D Wilson
University of Rochester, Department of Physics, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:030503. 2007..From these measurements, we conclude that lysosomes scatter approximately 14% of the light from EMT6 cells at 633 nm and that their size distribution has a mean and standard deviation of 0.8 and 0.4 microm, respectively...
- Index-of-refraction-dependent subcellular light scattering observed with organelle-specific dyesJeremy D Wilson
University of Rochester, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:014010. 2007..4. The reduction in scattering cross section induced by NPe6 constrains the refractive index of lysosomes to be significantly higher. We estimate the refractive index of lysosomes in EMT6 cells to be approximately 1.6...
- Lysosome-damage-induced scattering changes coincide with release of cytochrome cJeremy D Wilson
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Opt Lett 32:2517-9. 2007....
- Irradiation-induced enhancement of Pc 4 fluorescence and changes in light scattering are potential dosimeters for Pc 4-PDTKen Kang Hsin Wang
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Photochem Photobiol 83:1056-62. 2007..Taken together, these data suggest that Pc 4 is initially aggregated at high local concentration in mitochondria and that irradiation relaxes the quenching of Pc 4 fluorescence through a mechanism that may involve mitochondrial swelling...
- Light scattering from intact cells reports oxidative-stress-induced mitochondrial swellingJeremy D Wilson
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Biophys J 88:2929-38. 2005..Thus, in this system, angularly resolved light scattering reports oxidative-stress-induced changes in mitochondrial morphology...
- Optical property measurements establish the feasibility of photodynamic therapy as a minimally invasive intervention for tumors of the kidneyTimothy M Baran
University of Rochester, Institute of Optics, Rochester, New York, USA
J Biomed Opt 17:98002-1. 2012..Our results support the feasibility of PDT in selected renal cancer patients, especially with photosensitizers activated at longer wavelengths...