Ross E Willis
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Usefulness of the American College of Surgeons' Fundamentals of Surgery Curriculum as a knowledge preparatory tool for incoming surgery internsRoss E Willis
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Am J Surg 205:131-6. 2013..In this study, we examined the usefulness of the FSC as a knowledge preparatory tool for incoming interns...
- Views of surgery program directors on the current ACGME and proposed IOM duty-hour standardsRoss E Willis
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Surg Educ 66:216-21.e1-10. 2009....
- Comparing three pedagogical approaches to psychomotor skills acquisitionRoss E Willis
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, Mail Code 7737, TX 78229, USA
Am J Surg 203:8-13. 2012..We compared traditional pedagogical approaches such as time- and repetition-based methods with proficiency-based training...
- Ensuring competency: are fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery training and certification necessary for practicing surgeons and operating room personnel?Melanie L Hafford
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
Surg Endosc 27:118-26. 2013..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility and need for certifying practicing surgeons and to assess proficiency of operating room (OR) personnel...
- Surgeons' performance during critical situations: competence, confidence, and composureKatie Wiggins-Dohlvik
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas, Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am J Surg 198:817-23. 2009..Little is known about surgeons' performance during critical situations. We hypothesized that there are methods and techniques used by surgeons that facilitate performance during critical situations...