Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The relationship between contamination cognitions, anxiety, and disgust in two ethnic groupsMonnica T Williams
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:632-7. 2012..The current study examined Black-White differences in contamination cognitions in a non-clinical sample (N = 245)...
- Identification and explanation of racial differences on contamination measuresMonnica T Williams
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, Box 400400, Charlottesville, VA 22904, USA
Behav Res Ther 45:3041-50. 2007..A confirmatory factor analysis demonstrated that the difference between Black and White participants on the pathological anxiety factor was eliminated when differences on the attitude factors were controlled statistically...
- Minority participation in randomized controlled trials for obsessive-compulsive disorderMonnica Williams
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
J Anxiety Disord 24:171-7. 2010..Therefore, it is not known if empirically validated treatments are effective for these groups. Recommendations for improving recruitment of minorities for future studies are discussed...
- Sexual orientation obsessions in obsessive-compulsive disorder: prevalence and correlatesMonnica T Williams
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Psychiatry Res 187:156-9. 2011..055). Obsessions about sexual orientation may be associated with increased distress, interference, and avoidance, which may have unique clinical implications. Considerations for diagnosis and treatment are discussed...
- Myth of the pure obsessional type in obsessive--compulsive disorderMonnica T Williams
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:495-500. 2011..Because these compulsions have traditionally been omitted from prior factor analytic studies, their association to what have been called "pure obsessions" may have been overlooked...
- Gender-specific associations between trauma cognitions, alcohol cravings, and alcohol-related consequences in individuals with comorbid PTSD and alcohol dependenceNuwan Jayawickreme
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:13-9. 2012..These findings suggest that for individuals with comorbid PTSD and AD, psychotherapeutic interventions that focus on reducing trauma-related cognitions are likely to reduce alcohol cravings in men and relational problems in women...
- Race-specific associations between trauma cognitions and symptoms of alcohol dependence in individuals with comorbid PTSD and alcohol dependenceMonnica Williams
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Addict Behav 37:47-52. 2012..Additional relationships between ethnic identification and trauma-related cognitions are described and theoretical and clinical implications of these findings are discussed...