John W Williams
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Preventing suicide in primary care patients: the primary care physician's roleHerbert C Schulberg
Weill Medical College, Cornell University, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:337-45. 2004....
- Projected distributions of novel and disappearing climates by 2100 ADJohn W Williams
Department of Geography, 550 North Park Street, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5738-42. 2007..g., assisted migration and networked reserves) may be insufficient to preserve biodiversity...
- Projected vegetation changes for the American Southwest: combined dynamic modeling and bioclimatic-envelope approachMichael Notaro
Nelson Institute Center for Climatic Research, University of Wisconsin, 1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecol Appl 22:1365-88. 2012..Dramatic shifts in plant species richness are projected, with declines in the high-elevation evergreen forests, increases in the eastern New Mexico prairies, and a northward shift of the Sonoran Desert biodiversity maximum...
- Pleistocene megafaunal collapse, novel plant communities, and enhanced fire regimes in North AmericaJacquelyn L Gill
Department of Geography, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Science 326:1100-3. 2009..Human impacts remain plausible, but the decline predates Younger Dryas cooling and the extraterrestrial impact event proposed to have occurred 12,900 years ago...
- Exporting the ecological effects of climate change. Developed and developing countries will suffer the consequences of climate change, but differ in both their responsibility and how badly it will affect their ecosystemsChris D Thomas
Department of Biology, University of York, UK
EMBO Rep 9:S28-33. 2008
- Diversity and productivity of plant communities across the Inland Northwest, USAMichael D Jennings
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Oecologia 143:607-18. 2005..This pattern is consistent with the intermediate productivity theory but appears to be inconsistent with the predictions of water-energy theory...
- Human impacts, plant invasion, and imperiled plant species in CaliforniaEric W Seabloom
Department of Zoology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, USA
Ecol Appl 16:1338-50. 2006..The current small range size of exotic species implies that California has a significant "invasion debt" that will be paid as exotic plants expand their range and spread throughout the state...
- Suicidal ideation and risk levels among primary care patients with uncomplicated depressionHerbert C Schulberg
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Ann Fam Med 3:523-8. 2005..We investigated the prevalence, severity, and course of passive and active suicidal ideation occurring in primary care patients with an uncomplicated depressive disorder...
- Systems for grading the quality of evidence and the strength of recommendations II: pilot study of a new systemDavid Atkins
Center for Practice and Technology Assessment, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Rd Rokville, MD 20852, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 5:25. 2005..The GRADE Working Group has developed an approach that addresses key shortcomings in these systems. The aim of this study was to pilot test and further develop the GRADE approach to grading evidence and recommendations...
- Going to scale: re-engineering systems for primary care treatment of depressionAllen J Dietrich
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:301-4. 2004..Recent trials have shown improved depression outcomes with chronic care models. We report the methods of a project that assesses the sustainability and transportability of a chronic care model for depression and change strategy...
- The relation between methods and recommendations in clinical practice guidelines for hypertension and hyperlipidemiaAtle Fretheim
Department of Health Services Research, Norwegian Directorate for Health Social Welfare, PO Box 8054 Dep, N 0031 Oslo, Norway
J Fam Pract 51:963-8. 2002..To assess the association between methods used to develop clinical practice guidelines and the recommendations that are made...