Chyvette T Williams
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Neighborhood socioeconomic status, personal network attributes, and use of heroin and cocaineChyvette T Williams
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:S203-10. 2007..This study investigates the effects of neighborhood disadvantage and network factors on current heroin and cocaine use among a predominantly African-American adult sample residing in Baltimore City...
- Differences in sexual identity, risk practices, and sex partners between bisexual men and other men among a low-income drug-using sampleChyvette T Williams
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 W Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Urban Health 86:93-106. 2009..MSMW represent an important subpopulation in the HIV epidemic and should be targeted for risk reduction interventions...
- Misdirected opposition: Evidence opposing "not in my back yard" arguments against syringe exchange programmesChyvette T Williams
University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health, 1603 West Taylor Street, MC923, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Drug Policy 21:437-9. 2010..One argument against SEPs is that they draw drug activity into the communities where they operate...
- Race and distance effects on regular syringe exchange program use and injection risks: a geobehavioral analysisChyvette T Williams
University of Illinois School of Public Health, 1603 West Taylor St, M C 923, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1068-74. 2010....
- Crossing over: drug network characteristics and injection risk along the China-Myanmar borderChyvette T Williams
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 W Taylor St M C 923, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1011-6. 2011..Results indicate some added degree of risk among clients and drug networks who border-cross to use drugs. More research is needed to understand this phenomenon...
- "Coming to town": the impact of urbanicity, cigarette advertising, and network norms on the smoking attitudes of black women in Cape Town, South AfricaChyvette T Williams
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Urban Health 85:472-85. 2008..Additional research is warranted...
- Marijuana and cocaine use among female African-American welfare recipientsChyvette T Williams
Department of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 North Broadway, Room 702, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 75:185-91. 2004..Growing up in a family that received welfare did not significantly predict adult drug use, but did significantly predict an adult welfare experience. Implications of results are discussed...
- Neighborhood social disorder as a determinant of drug injection behaviors: a structural equation modeling approachCarl A Latkin
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205 1996, USA
Health Psychol 24:96-100. 2005....