Arthur R Williams
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Monitoring and Alleviation of Symptom Occurrence and Severity Among Thai Children and Adolescents During Cancer TreatmentsPhoebe D Williams
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 32:417-28. 2015..Symptom monitoring and alleviation are important during pediatric cancer treatments...
- Therapy-related symptom checklist use during treatments at a cancer centerPhoebe D Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City 66106, USA
Cancer Nurs 36:245-54. 2013..Cancer treatment efficacy has improved with therapies at high or sustained dosages. However, there is increasing concern about symptom management and patients' quality of life...
- Pediatric chronic illness (cancer, cystic fibrosis) effects on well siblings: parents' voicesPhoebe Dauz Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 32:94-113. 2009..Contemporary life in these families portrayed in parents' descriptions not only validate the rationale for the RCT done, but also suggest the need in ambulatory pediatrics for intervention research on these vulnerable populations...
- A symptom checklist for children with cancer: the Therapy-Related Symptom Checklist-ChildrenPhoebe D Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 35:89-98. 2012..Symptom monitoring and alleviation are basic to the care of children and adolescents with cancer. A symptom checklist helps facilitate this process...
- An intervention to manage patient-reported symptoms during cancer treatmentPhoebe D Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 15:253-8. 2011..In addition, symptom-focused education provided by oncology nurses can enable patients to administer self-care more effectively...
- Mothers' developmental expectations for young children in the PhilippinesP D Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 37:291-301. 2000..05, P=0.05). Significant interaction effects also were found of maternal education and the child's ordinal position (F[4,256]=2. 95, P=0.02) on maternal expectations of children's psychosocial development...
- Symptom monitoring and self-care practices among oncology adults in ChinaPhoebe D Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 33:184-93. 2010..Cancer is a major health problem in Asia...
- Developmental disabilities: effects on well siblingsPhoebe Dauz Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 33:39-55. 2010..Forty studies performed between 1970 and 1995 indicated that 60% of parents with children with developmental disabilities reported manifestations of increased risk or negative effects on the well siblings...
- Symptom monitoring and self-care practices among Filipino cancer patientsPhoebe D Williams
University of the Philippines College of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 33:37-46. 2010..The TRSC (Philippine version) and Self-care Methods assess patient-reported symptoms and patients' self-care use. Oncology symptom management is enhanced by a valid clinical assessment tool...
- Cancer treatment, symptom monitoring, and self-care in adults: pilot studyPhoebe Dauz Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:347-55. 2006....
- Treatment type and symptom severity among oncology patients by self-reportP D Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7052, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 38:359-67. 2001..The TRSC appears to be a clinically useful self-report checklist that captures the more important symptom concerns of both RT and chemotherapy patients. Earlier efforts to develop this checklist are reviewed briefly...
- Interrelationships among variables affecting well siblings and mothers in families of children with a chronic illness or disabilityPhoebe Dauz Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Building, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Behav Med 25:411-24. 2002....
- Thai mothers and children and the home observation for measurement of the environment (home inventory): pilot studyP Williams
School of Nursing, University of Kansas, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7502, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 40:249-58. 2003..Further study is needed on the use of home assessment instruments by nurses and others working in multicultural settings...
- A community-based intervention for siblings and parents of children with chronic illness or disability: the ISEE studyPhoebe Dauz Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
J Pediatr 143:386-93. 2003..6 to 2.0 risk for behavioral and mental health problems. Our objective was to examine the effects of an intervention for siblings (age 7-15 years) of children with chronic illness or disability...
- Symptom monitoring and dependent care during cancer treatment in children: pilot studyPhoebe D Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:188-97. 2006..The first 2 categories were the most used. Systematic assessment with a self-report checklist enables the provider to identify and prioritize (according to reported severity) those symptoms needing intervention...
- Cancer therapy-related symptoms and self-care in ThailandUbolrat Piamjariyakul
University of Kansas, School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS, United States
Eur J Oncol Nurs 14:387-94. 2010..The aim of the study was to examine patient-reported symptoms and self-care strategies in Thai patients with cancer...
- Complex home care: Part I--Utilization and costs to families for health care services each yearUbolrat Piamjariyakul
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS, USA
Nurs Econ 28:255-63. 2010....
- Complex home care: part III--economic impact on family caregiver quality of life and patients' clinical outcomesCarol E Smith
School of Nursing and Preventive Medicine Department, University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS, USA
Nurs Econ 28:393-9, 414. 2010..These specific nursing interventions also could improve caregiver health and subsequently reduce the costs of caregivers' health care...
- A cost analysis of a tele-oncology practice in the United StatesGary C Doolittle
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Telemed Telecare 10:27-9. 2004..As the tele-oncology practice in Kansas continues to grow, it can be expected that the costs associated with providing tele-oncology services will continue to decline...
- An estimation of costs of a pediatric telemedicine practice in public schoolsGary C Doolittle
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Med Care 41:100-9. 2003..Costs per consult are a vital consideration in determining the viability of a telemedicine practice. This study estimated total, average, and marginal cost curves for an ambulatory pediatric telemedicine practice...
- Complex home care: Part 2- family annual income, insurance premium, and out-of-pocket expensesUbolrat Piamjariyakul
University of Kansas School of Nursing, School of Nursing Building, Kansas City, KS, USA
Nurs Econ 28:323-9. 2010..Any changes that may increase the out-of-pocket costs or health insurance costs to these families can also have a negative long-term impact on society when greater numbers of patients declare bankruptcy or qualify for medical disability...
- Impact of a guideline on management of children hospitalized with community-acquired pneumoniaRoss E Newman
Section of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatrics 129:e597-604. 2012..We sought to describe the impact a clinical practice guideline (CPG) had on antibiotic management of children hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- A case-control study of pediatric falls using electronic medical recordsPatricia Ruth Messmer
School of Nursing, Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, USA
Rehabil Nurs 38:73-9. 2013..The pediatric patients who fell were mostly oriented and ambulating; falls with injury did not exceed 19%. Future case-control studies should use larger sample sizes across multiple institutions with EMR capability...
- The decreasing cost of telemedicine and telehealthGary C Doolittle
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Telemed J E Health 17:671-5. 2011..The Conclusion and Policy Recommendations at the end of this article will focus on both the cost-time profile and some other challenges and lessons learned...
- Parental caregiving of children with cancer and family impact, economic burden: nursing perspectivesPhoebe D Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 37:39-60. 2014..There is a need for "evidence-based" practice (EBP) nursing studies of interventions focused on parent education/support/assistance; respite care, and increasing family/well sibling knowledge/other information on the child's illness. ..
- Incidental neuroimaging findings in nonacute headacheWilliam D Graf
Section of Neurology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Child Neurol 25:1182-7. 2010..Individualized health care calls for physician-consumer discussions about current indications for neuroimaging, the general frequency of incidental findings, and potential difficulties in their interpretation...
- Developing and testing a clinical information system evaluation tool: prioritizing modifications through end-user inputJanis B Smith
Patient Care Services Clinical Information Systems, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Nurs Adm 41:252-8. 2011..The objectives were to develop and validate the Information System Evaluation Tool (ISET), use feedback to modify the institution's clinical information system (CIS), and determine the modifications' success...
- Cost savings of telemedicine utilization for child psychiatry in a rural Kansas communityRyan Spaulding
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Telemed J E Health 16:867-71. 2010..99. This study was conducted over 6 months with a small number of observations; it should be replicated over a longer study period, with more patients, and with more data that might capture marginal costs of services...