Jeremy D Wilbur
Affiliation: University of California
- Accommodation of structural rearrangements in the huntingtin-interacting protein 1 coiled-coil domainJeremy D Wilbur
Graduate Program in Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 66:314-8. 2010..A hydrogen-bond network and changes in coiled-coil monomer interaction suggest that the HIP1 coiled-coil domain is uniquely suited to allow conformational flexibility...
- Actin binding by Hip1 (huntingtin-interacting protein 1) and Hip1R (Hip1-related protein) is regulated by clathrin light chainJeremy D Wilbur
Graduate Program in Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0552, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32870-9. 2008..Thus, clathrin is a negative regulator of Hip-actin interactions. These observations necessarily change models proposed for Hip protein function...
- Conformation switching of clathrin light chain regulates clathrin lattice assemblyJeremy D Wilbur
Graduate Program in Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Cell 18:841-8. 2010....
- N-terminal phosphorylation of p60 katanin directly regulates microtubule severingEvan Whitehead
Molecular and Cell Biology Department, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
J Mol Biol 425:214-21. 2013..Overall, we have shown that the modular domain architecture of AAA proteins allows for precise control of cellular activities with simple modifications...
- Mutations that alter RcdA surface residues decouple protein localization and CtrA proteolysis in Caulobacter crescentusJames A Taylor
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 251 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
J Mol Biol 394:46-60. 2009..Our results argue that RcdA stimulates CtrA proteolysis neither by localizing CtrA at the cell pole nor by preventing competition from SsrA-tagged substrates...
- Katanin contributes to interspecies spindle length scaling in XenopusRose Loughlin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell 147:1397-407. 2011..Thus, mechanisms have evolved in different species to scale spindle size and coordinate regulation of multiple MT populations in order to generate a robust steady-state structure...
- New faces of the familiar clathrin latticeJeremy D Wilbur
Graduate Program in Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Traffic 6:346-50. 2005..The focus of this interchange is to emphasize these additional features revealed by the recently published models from Fotin and colleagues...
- Clathrin heavy and light chain isoforms originated by independent mechanisms of gene duplication during chordate evolutionDiane E Wakeham
The G W Hooper Foundation and Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0552, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7209-14. 2005..Thus, independent mechanisms of gene duplication expanded clathrin functions, concomitant with development of neuromuscular sophistication in chordates...