K A S Wickrama
Affiliation: University of Georgia
- Heterogeneity in multidimensional health trajectories of late old years and socioeconomic stratification: a latent trajectory class analysisKandauda K A S Wickrama
Department of Human Development and Family Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, Family Science Center, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:290-7. 2013..This study examines (a) the heterogeneity in individual multidimensional health trajectories and (b) the socioeconomic stratification of individual multidimensional health trajectories during the late older years...
- The influence of ethnicity and adverse life experiences during adolescence on young adult socioeconomic attainment: the moderating role of educationK A S Wickrama
105 Family Science Center I, Department of Child and Family Development, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
J Youth Adolesc 41:1472-87. 2012..Findings highlight the importance of social context as well as educational opportunities during childhood and adolescence for economic stability in early adulthood...
- Continuity and discontinuity of depressed mood from late adolescence to young adulthood: the mediating and stabilizing roles of young adults' socioeconomic attainmentK A S Wickrama
Department of Child and Family Studies, The University of Georgia, USA
J Adolesc 35:648-58. 2012..Additionally, the results indicate that the continuity of depressed mood across the early life course is conditioned (stabilized or disrupted) by young adult socioeconomic achievements or failures...
- Early community contexts, race/ethnicity and young adult CVD risk factors: the protective role of educationK A S Wickrama
Department of Child and Family Development, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Community Health 37:781-90. 2012..However, the level of education attained can protect African American young adults and those experiencing early community adversity from CVD risk factors...
- Chronic family economic hardship, family processes and progression of mental and physical health symptoms in adolescenceTae Kyoung Lee
Department of Human Development and Family Science, University of Georgia, 123 Dawson Hall, 305 Sanford Drive, Athens, GA 30602 2622, USA
J Youth Adolesc 42:821-36. 2013..The study demonstrates key mediating pathways and additional moderating influences based on the family stress model and also highlights the importance of improving health resources for adolescents...
- Life dissatisfaction and eating behaviors among older African Americans: the protective role of social supportK A S Wickrama
University of Georgia, Child and Family Development, Family Science Center II, House D, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 16:749-53. 2012....