Lauren K Whiteside
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Nonmedical prescription stimulant use among youth in the emergency department: prevalence, severity and correlatesLauren K Whiteside
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98104 USA Electronic address
J Subst Abuse Treat 48:21-7. 2015..Healthcare setting screening and intervention efforts should consider NPSU concomitant with other substance use and explore the association of dating violence with NPSU...
- Nonmedical prescription opioid and sedative use among adolescents in the emergency departmentLauren K Whiteside
Harborview Medical Center, 325 9th Ave, Box 359702, Seattle, WA 98104 2499
Pediatrics 132:825-32. 2013..The objectives of this study were to determine the prevalence and emergency department (ED) visit characteristics and other correlates associated with past-year NPOU and NPSU among adolescents and young adults using the ED...
- The overlap of youth violence among aggressive adolescents with past-year alcohol use-A latent class analysis: aggression and victimization in peer and dating violence in an inner city emergency department sampleLauren K Whiteside
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 74:125-35. 2013....
- Non-fatal injuries among pediatric patients seeking care in an urban Ghanaian emergency departmentLauren K Whiteside
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, UM Injury Center 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive Suite H3200, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105, United States of America
Int J Emerg Med 5:36. 2012..abstract:..
- Dating violence: outcomes following a brief motivational interviewing intervention among at-risk adolescents in an urban emergency departmentRebecca M Cunningham
School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 20:562-9. 2013....
- A daily calendar analysis of substance use and dating violence among high risk urban youthQuyen M Epstein-Ngo
University of Michigan Substance Abuse Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 130:194-200. 2013..Dating violence (DV) among youth is an important public health problem. This study examined reasons for physical DV and the association between substance use and youth DV using daily calendar-based analyses among at-risk urban youth...
- Firearm possession among adolescents presenting to an urban emergency department for assaultPatrick M Carter
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Pediatrics 132:213-21. 2013....
- Dating aggression and risk behaviors among teenage girls seeking gynecologic careLauren K Whiteside
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:632-8. 2009..The objective was to describe rates of dating aggression and related high-risk behavior among teens presenting to the emergency department (ED) seeking gynecologic care, compared to those seeking care for other reasons...
- Dating violence among male and female youth seeking emergency department careVijay Singh
Injury Center and Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 64:405-412.e1. 2014..We determine prevalence and correlates of dating violence, dating victimization, and dating aggression among male and female patients aged 14 to 20 years seeking emergency department (ED) care...
- Collaborative care intervention targeting violence risk behaviors, substance use, and posttraumatic stress and depressive symptoms in injured adolescents: a randomized clinical trialDouglas Zatzick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
JAMA Pediatr 168:532-9. 2014....