Genomes and Genes
Kevin J Whitehead
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The pathogenetic features of cerebral cavernous malformations: a comprehensive review with therapeutic implicationsKhaled M Krisht
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Neurosurg Focus 29:E2. 2010..The remaining challenges to creating a more faithful CCM animal model as well as future clinical and research implications are reviewed...
- Arteriovenous malformations and other vascular malformation syndromesKevin J Whitehead
Molecular Medicine Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 3:a006635. 2013..Here we review the vascular malformations and pathways involved in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia, capillary malformation-arteriovenous malformation, cerebral cavernous malformations, and mucocutaneous venous malformations...
- The cerebral cavernous malformation signaling pathway promotes vascular integrity via Rho GTPasesKevin J Whitehead
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, 30 North 1900 East, Room 4A100, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Nat Med 15:177-84. 2009..These data offer the prospect for pharmacological treatment of a human vascular dysplasia with a widely available and safe drug...
- Mutations in 2 distinct genetic pathways result in cerebral cavernous malformations in miceAubrey C Chan
Molecular Medicine Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1871-81. 2011..These results suggest that CCM may be more effectively treated by directing therapies based on the underlying genetic mutation rather than treating the condition as a single clinical entity...
- Recent insights into cerebral cavernous malformations: animal models of CCM and the human phenotypeAubrey C Chan
Molecular Medicine Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
FEBS J 277:1076-83. 2010..Challenges and progress towards developing a faithful model of CCM biology are reviewed...
- Endogenous endothelial cell signaling systems maintain vascular stabilityNyall R London
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Angiogenesis 12:149-58. 2009....
- Mechanisms of vascular stability and the relationship to human diseaseMatthew C P Smith
Molecular Medicine Program, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 17:237-44. 2010..The genetic basis for a variety of vascular malformation syndromes have been described, with an increasing functional understanding of the associated genes...
- Impact of mechanical unloading on microvasculature and associated central remodeling features of the failing human heartStavros G Drakos
Cardiovascular Department and Utah Artificial Heart Program, Intermountain Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:382-91. 2010..This study investigates alterations in myocardial microvasculature, fibrosis, and hypertrophy before and after mechanical unloading of the failing human heart...
- The netrin receptor UNC5B promotes angiogenesis in specific vascular bedsSutip Navankasattusas
Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 135:659-67. 2008....
- Evaluating strategies for the treatment of cerebral cavernous malformationsDean Y Li
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5330, USA
Stroke 41:S92-4. 2010....