WILLIAM BARRY WHITE
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- White W, Wolfson L, Wakefield D, Hall C, Campbell P, Moscufo N, et al. Average daily blood pressure, not office blood pressure, is associated with progression of cerebrovascular disease and cognitive decline in older people. Circulation. 2011;124:2312-9 pubmed publisher..The 24-hour systolic BP may be a potential target for intervention in the elderly to reduce vascular disease of the brain and impairment of function. ..
- White W, Pitt B, Preston R, Hanes V. Antihypertensive effects of drospirenone with 17beta-estradiol, a novel hormone treatment in postmenopausal women with stage 1 hypertension. Circulation. 2005;112:1979-84 pubmed..This characteristic may lead to benefit for cardiovascular risk reduction in this population. ..
- White W, Bresalier R, Kaplan A, Palmer B, Riddell R, Lesogor A, et al. Safety and tolerability of the direct renin inhibitor aliskiren: a pooled analysis of clinical experience in more than 12,000 patients with hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2010;12:765-75 pubmed publisher..At the registered doses of 150 mg and 300 mg daily, aliskiren has safety and tolerability profiles similar to placebo, other RAS blockers, and diuretics. Cough rates are lower with aliskiren compared with ACE inhibitors. ..
- White W, Cooke G, Kowey P, Calverley P, Bredenbröker D, Goehring U, et al. Cardiovascular safety in patients receiving roflumilast for the treatment of COPD. Chest. 2013;144:758-765 pubmed publisher..Potential cardiovascular benefits of roflumilast should be evaluated in future controlled clinical trials. ..
- White W, Cannon C, Heller S, Nissen S, Bergenstal R, Bakris G, et al. Alogliptin after acute coronary syndrome in patients with type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:1327-35 pubmed publisher..Funded by Takeda Development Center Americas; EXAMINE ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00968708.). ..
- White W, Marfatia R, Schmidt J, Wakefield D, Kaplan R, Bohannon R, et al. INtensive versus standard ambulatory blood pressure lowering to prevent functional DeclINe in the ElderlY (INFINITY). Am Heart J. 2013;165:258-265.e1 pubmed publisher..The INFINITY trial is the first to guide antihypertensive therapy using ABP monitoring rather than clinic BP to reduce cerebrovascular disease...