M A Whisman
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Marital dissatisfaction and incidence of major depressive episode in a community sampleM A Whisman
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Boulder, Colorado, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 108:674-8. 1999..Findings suggest that marital dissatisfaction may be etiologically related to major depression...
- Marital dissatisfaction and psychiatric disorders: results from the National Comorbidity SurveyM A Whisman
Department of Psychology, Yale University, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 108:701-6. 1999..Results indicate that marital dissatisfaction was uniquely related to major depression and posttraumatic stress disorder for women and dysthymia for men...
- Factor structure of the Beck Depression Inventory-Second Edition (BDI-II) in a student sampleM A Whisman
Yale University, USA
J Clin Psychol 56:545-51. 2000..Results support the use of the BDI-II as a severity measure of symptoms of depression...
- Psychiatric disorders and dissatisfaction with social relationships: does type of relationship matter?M A Whisman
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Campus Box 345 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0345, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 109:803-8. 2000..Results indicate that the association between marital quality and psychiatric disorders is not an artifact of general social dissatisfaction and that this association is significant for several disorders...
- Marital adjustment and outcome following treatments for depressionM A Whisman
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, 80309 0345, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:125-9. 2001..The findings suggest that poor marital adjustment at the end of active treatment is a risk factor for increases in depression severity during follow-up...