Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Vertebrate proteins related to Drosophila Naked Cuticle bind Dishevelled and antagonize Wnt signalingK A Wharton
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center, B300, Stanford School of Medicine, 279 Campus Drive, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Dev Biol 234:93-106. 2001..Misexpression of mouse nkd1 in Drosophila antagonizes Wg function. The data suggest that the vertebrate Nkd-related proteins, similar to their fly counterpart, may act as inducible antagonists of Wnt signals...
- Runnin' with the Dvl: proteins that associate with Dsh/Dvl and their significance to Wnt signal transductionKeith A Wharton
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas, 75390 9072, USA
Dev Biol 253:1-17. 2003..The biochemical and cell biological mechanisms by which Dsh/Dvl proteins accomplish these remarkable tasks remain obscure...
- Naked cuticle targets dishevelled to antagonize Wnt signal transductionR Rousset
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center B300, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 15:658-71. 2001..Our results suggest that Nkd acts directly through Dsh to limit Wg activity and thus determines how efficiently Wnt signals stabilize Armadillo (Arm)/beta-catenin and activate downstream genes...
- naked cuticle encodes an inducible antagonist of Wnt signallingW Zeng
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Nature 403:789-95. 2000..Nkd may therefore link ion fluxes to the regulation of the potency, duration or distribution of Wnt signals. Signal-inducible feedback antagonists such as nkd may limit the effects of Wnt proteins in development and disease...
- Cell-autonomous, myristyl-independent activity of the Drosophila Wnt/Wingless antagonist Naked cuticle (Nkd)Chih Chiang Chan
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9072, USA
Dev Biol 311:538-53. 2007..In conjunction with our recent observation that Nkd requires nuclear localization for function, our data suggest that Nkd acts at more than one subcellular location within signal-receiving cells to attenuate Wg signaling...
- Viable mice with compound mutations in the Wnt/Dvl pathway antagonists nkd1 and nkd2Shu Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Dallas, TX 75390 9072, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4454-64. 2007..Our data show that nkd function in the mouse is dispensable for embryonic development...
- Regulation of wingless signaling by the CKI family in Drosophila limb developmentLei Zhang
Center for Developmental Biology, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Dev Biol 299:221-37. 2006..Finally, we provide evidence that several CKI isoforms including CKIalpha and Gish/CKIgamma can phosphorylate the Wg coreceptor Arrow (Arr), which may account, at least in part, for their positive roles in the Wg pathway...
- An unconventional nuclear localization motif is crucial for function of the Drosophila Wnt/wingless antagonist Naked cuticleSharon Waldrop
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9072, USA
Genetics 174:331-48. 2006..Our studies suggest that Nkd targets Dsh-dependent signal transduction steps in both cytoplasmic and nuclear compartments of cells receiving the Wnt signal...
- Zinc-dependent interaction between dishevelled and the Drosophila Wnt antagonist naked cuticleRaphaël Rousset
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49019-26. 2002..The results further clarify how Nkd may antagonize Wnt signaling via interaction with Dsh, and identify a novel zinc-binding domain in Drosophila Nkd that collaborates with the conserved EFX domain to bind Dsh...
- Drosophila Naked cuticle (Nkd) engages the nuclear import adaptor Importin-alpha3 to antagonize Wnt/beta-catenin signalingChih Chiang Chan
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9072, USA
Dev Biol 318:17-28. 2008..Our results provide further support for the hypothesis that Nkd inhibits nuclear step(s) in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and broaden our understanding of signaling pathways that engage the nuclear import machinery...
- Feedback Regulation of Wnt signalingKEITH WHARTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..