Jamie A Weydert
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- A simple, focused, computerized query to detect overutilization of laboratory testsJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1141-3. 2005..Although there is nearly universal agreement that laboratory tests are overutilized, the degree of overutilization in a given institution is difficult to quantify and monitor across time...
- A preliminary diagnosis service provides prospective blinded dual-review of all general surgical pathology cases in an academic practiceJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:801-5. 2005..Other academic institutions may similarly benefit from the addition of such a service...
- Subinvolution of the placental site as an anatomic cause of postpartum uterine bleeding: a reviewJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1538-42. 2006..Subinvolution of the placental site is an anatomic cause of delayed postpartum uterine bleeding that may be underrecognized by general surgical pathologists...
- Small peripheral pulmonary adenocarcinoma: morphologic and molecular updateJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242 1087, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 14:120-8. 2007..These important concepts of morphology and molecular pathology are reviewed, and recommendations for application of these concepts to the practice of surgical pathology are provided...
- Comparison of fungal culture versus surgical pathology examination in the detection of Histoplasma in surgically excised pulmonary granulomasJamie A Weydert
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 5239C RCP, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:780-3. 2007..Surgeons may elect to routinely send material directly to the clinical microbiology laboratory for fungal and mycobacterial cultures...
- Recommendations for the reporting of surgically resected thymic epithelial tumorsJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Pathol 40:918-23. 2009..Diagnostic nomenclature (World Health Organization, Suster-Moran classifications) and staging criteria (modified Masaoka system) are emphasized...
- Mandatory second opinion in cytopathologyNathan Lueck
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Cancer 117:82-91. 2009..The aims of this study were to determine if this local standard of practice has a measurable impact on patient care...