Eric M Wexler
Affiliation: University of California
- Clinical neurogenetics: behavioral management of inherited neurodegenerative diseaseEric Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, Semel Institute, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 695 Charles Young Drive South, Gonda Room 2309, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA Electronic address
Neurol Clin 31:1121-44. 2013..The goal of this article is to provide the neurologist with a concise primer that can be applied in a busy clinic or private practice. ..
- DISC1: a schizophrenia gene with multiple personalitiesEric M Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Neuron 72:501-3. 2011..These complementary studies elegantly bridge the gap between genetic and cellular studies of schizophrenia, providing a level of functional validation that is often lacking in the field...
- Lithium regulates adult hippocampal progenitor development through canonical Wnt pathway activationE M Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:285-92. 2008....
- Out FOXing Parkinson disease: where development meets neurodegenerationEric M Wexler
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and the Program in Neurobehavioral Genetics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 5:e334. 2007
- Endogenous Wnt signaling maintains neural progenitor cell potencyEric M Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Stem Cells 27:1130-41. 2009..In sum, this study establishes that autonomous Wnt signaling is a conserved feature of the neurogenic niche that preserves the delicate balance between NSC maintenance and differentiation...
- Genome-wide analysis of a Wnt1-regulated transcriptional network implicates neurodegenerative pathwaysEric M Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra65. 2011..These unbiased and genome-wide analyses provide evidence for a connection between Wnt signaling and the transcriptional regulation of neurodegenerative disease genes...
- Gene expression profiling in frataxin deficient mice: microarray evidence for significant expression changes without detectable neurodegenerationGiovanni Coppola
Program in Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neurobiol Dis 22:302-11. 2006..The identification of a core set of genes changing early in the FRDA pathogenesis can be a useful tool in both clarifying the disease process and in evaluating new therapeutic strategies...
- Functional genomic analyses identify pathways dysregulated by progranulin deficiency, implicating Wnt signalingEzra Y Rosen
Interdepartmental Program for Neuroscience, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuron 71:1030-42. 2011..Together, these in vitro and in vivo data point to an adaptive role for altered Wnt signaling in GRN deficiency-mediated FTD, representing a potential therapeutic target...
- Role of WNT Signaling in Adult Hippocampal Genitor Cell DevelopmentEric Wexler; Fiscal Year: 2007....