Brent W Weston
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Expression of human alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferase antisense sequences inhibits selectin-mediated adhesion and liver metastasis of colon carcinoma cellsB W Weston
The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7220, USA
Cancer Res 59:2127-35. 1999..These results provide target validation for inhibition of carcinoma metastasis with antisense FUT sequences and confirm the primacy of alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferases in the synthesis of selectin ligands...
- A cloned CD15s-negative variant of HL60 cells is deficient in expression of FUT7 and does not adhere to cytokine-stimulated endothelial cellsB W Weston
The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7220, USA
Eur J Haematol 63:42-9. 1999..Transcript analyses show that FUT7 and FUT4 are inversely expressed in HL60 and variant cell lines. HL60A2 cells provide a tool to study the regulation of selectin ligands and corresponding human fucosyltransferase genes...
- Familial deficiency of vitamin K-dependent clotting factorsB W Weston
The Harold R Roberts Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7220, USA
Haemophilia 14:1209-13. 2008..The results may also provide potential targets for molecular therapeutics and pharmacogenetics...
- Spindle cell lesions of the head and neck mimicking rhabdomyosarcoma in childrenMatthew W Richardson
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7220, USA
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 19:129-34. 2002..These rare lesions should be part of the differential of children with a head and neck mass...
- Expression of human chromosome 19p alpha(1,3)-fucosyltransferase genes in normal tissues. Alternative splicing, polyadenylation, and isoformsH S Cameron
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599 7220, USA
J Biol Chem 270:20112-22. 1995..Thus, tissue-specific post-transcriptional modifications are associated with expression patterns of FUT3, FUT5, and FUT6...
- Physical maps of human alpha (1,3)fucosyltransferase genes FUT3-FUT6 on chromosomes 19p13.3 and 11q21R S McCurley
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7220, USA
Genomics 26:142-6. 1995..A P1 clone with all three 19p FUT genes in tandem orientation was isolated and used to study regions flanking FUT3, -5, and -6. Our studies provide preliminary information to study regulation of human FUT genes...
- EXPERIMENTAL THERAPY OF COLON CANCER WITH ANTISENSE FUTSBrent Weston; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goals are to extend the use of AS-ODNs to adjunctive treatment of colon carcinoma metastasis and to contribute to the study of glycosyltransferase gene regulation. ..