Suzanne L West
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Systematic review of the evidence regarding potential complications of inhaled corticosteroid use in asthma: collaboration of American College of Chest Physicians, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and American College of Allergy, AsthmFrank T Leone
Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Chestnut Street, Suite M100, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Chest 124:2329-40. 2003....
- A systematic review of the literature on female sexual dysfunction prevalence and predictorsSuzanne L West
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7590, USA
Annu Rev Sex Res 15:40-172. 2004..Definitions of female sexual dysfunction have been developed and refined recently, but there is an urgent need to determine measurable outcomes that can be used for future work...
- Population-based drug-related anaphylaxis in children and adolescents captured by South Carolina Emergency Room Hospital Discharge Database (SCERHDD) (2000-2002)Suzanne L West
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7521, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1255-67. 2007..We assessed the utility of a statewide emergency department (ED) database for identifying drug-related anaphylaxis in children by developing and validating an algorithm composed of ICD-9-CM codes...
- Physician reported communication about depression and psychosocial issues during postpartum visitsBetsy Lynn Sleath
School of Pharmacy and a research associate at the Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
N C Med J 68:151-5. 2007....
- Assessing the need to update prevention guidelines: a comparison of two methodsGerald Gartlehner
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, 725 Airport Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 16:399-406. 2004..Recently, Shekelle and colleagues proposed a model of limited literature searches with modest expert involvement as a way to reduce the cost and time requirements for assessing whether a guideline needs updating...
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder in postmenopausal women: quality of life and health burdenAndrea K Biddle
Department of Health Policy and Management, Gillings, School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Value Health 12:763-72. 2009..To describe the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) implications of hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in a national sample of postmenopausal women ages 30–70...
- Validation of neural tube defects in the full featured--general practice research databaseScott Devine
University of NC School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:434-44. 2008..Our objective was to determine if the GPRD could be used to identify cases of neural tube defects (NTDs)...
- Screening for suicide risk in adults: a summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceBradley N Gaynes
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:822-35. 2004..CONCLUSION: Because of the complexity of studying the risk for suicide and the paucity of well-designed research studies, only limited evidence guides the primary care clinician's assessment and management of suicide risk...
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) polymorphism and context-specific risk of type 2 diabetes in African American and Caucasian adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studyYu Yan
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 58:285-9. 2009..Moreover, few studies have investigated the effects of TCF7L2 on type 2 diabetes in the context of metabolic risk factors of type 2 diabetes...
- Prevalence of low sexual desire and hypoactive sexual desire disorder in a nationally representative sample of US womenSuzanne L West
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1441-9. 2008..We sought to estimate the prevalence of low sexual desire and hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in US women, focusing on their menopausal status...
- Defining the competencies of those conducting pharmacovigilanceBrian Edwards
Medical Services, PAREXEL International Ltd, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:193-8. 2006..Competencies should, we believe, be agreed and adopted by all those seeking to improve pharmacovigilance. We invite discussion of these proposals...