N A West
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Cardiovascular risk factors among youth with and without type 2 diabetes: differences and possible mechanismsNancy A West
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 32:175-80. 2009..To compare cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors among recently diagnosed youth with type 2 diabetes and nondiabetic youth and investigate whether demographic, behavioral, or metabolic factors might account for observed differences...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in children exposed to maternal diabetes in uteroN A West
Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 13001 East 17th Avenue, Campus Box B 119, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Diabetologia 54:504-7. 2011....
- Inflammatory markers are increased in youth with type 1 diabetes: the SEARCH Case-Control studyJanet K Snell-Bergeon
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, P O Box 6511, Mail Stop A 140, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2868-76. 2010..Increased inflammation may contribute to type 1 diabetes (T1D) complications...
- Epidemiology of type 1 diabetesDavid M Maahs
Department of Pediatrics, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, PO Box 6511, Mail Stop A140, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 39:481-97. 2010..Epidemiologic studies have an important ongoing role to investigate the complex causes, clinical care, prevention, and cure of T1D...
- Association of exposure to diabetes in utero with adiposity and fat distribution in a multiethnic population of youth: the Exploring Perinatal Outcomes among Children (EPOCH) StudyT L Crume
Department of Epidemiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, 80045, USA
Diabetologia 54:87-92. 2011..To evaluate whether exposure to maternal gestational diabetes (GDM) is associated with adiposity and fat distribution in a multiethnic population of children...
- Association of insulin sensitivity to lipids across the lifespan in people with Type 1 diabetesD M Maahs
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Diabet Med 28:148-55. 2011..Our objective was to explore the associations between insulin resistance (assessed by glucose infusion rate) and lipids in people with Type 1 diabetes and determine whether adiposity and/or average glycaemia influence these associations...
- Body adiposity in late life and risk of dementia or cognitive impairment in a longitudinal community-based studyNancy A West
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48104, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:103-9. 2009..The association between body adiposity at older ages and the development of cognitive impairment is unclear...
- The PPAR-gamma Pro12Ala polymorphism and risk of cognitive impairment in a longitudinal studyNancy A West
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neurobiol Aging 31:741-6. 2010..Male Ala carriers may also have a greater risk of dementia/CIND...