Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Maintenance model of integrated psychosocial treatment in pediatric bipolar disorder: A pilot feasibility studyAmy E West
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:205-12. 2007....
- Child- and family-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy for pediatric bipolar disorder: a randomized clinical trialAmy E West
University of Illinois at Chicago Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 53:1168-78, 1178.e1. 2014....
- A mental health needs assessment of urban American Indian youth and familiesAmy E West
Institute for Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60608, USA
Am J Community Psychol 49:441-53. 2012....
- Co-morbid disruptive behavior disorder and aggression predict functional outcomes and differential response to risperidone versus divalproex in pharmacotherapy for pediatric bipolar disorderAmy E West
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:545-53. 2011..The current study examines co-morbid DBD and aggression prospectively as predictors of pharmacotherapy outcome, as well as potential moderators of response to a specific medication (risperidone vs. divalproex), among children with PBD...
- Child Mania Rating Scale-Parent Version: a valid measure of symptom change due to pharmacotherapyAmy E West
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, United States
J Affect Disord 128:112-9. 2011..The current study evaluated the sensitivity of the Child Mania Rating Scale (CMRS-P) to detect symptom change over time in a treatment study for PBD...
- Psychosocial treatments for childhood and adolescent bipolar disorderAmy E West
University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:471-82, x-xi. 2009....
- Early childhood temperament in pediatric bipolar disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderAmy E West
Pediatric Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:402-21. 2008..Difficult premorbid temperament characteristics may be a specific indicator of a bipolar diathesis, or might signal underlying dysfunction in affective processes that significantly increase risk for a mood disorder...
- Childhood behavioral inhibition and the experience of social anxiety in American Indian adolescentsAmy E West
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 13:197-206. 2007..It is recommended that major psychological risk factors, including temperament, be evaluated within the specific social and cultural context of the adolescent population of interest...
- Neurocognitive function in pediatric bipolar disorder: 3-year follow-up shows cognitive development lagging behind healthy youthsMani N Pavuluri
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Institute for Juvenile Research and Center for Cognitive Medicine, 912 South Wood Street M C 913, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:299-307. 2009..Longitudinal follow-up of neurocognitive functioning in people with pediatric bipolar disorder (PBD) was conducted to characterize the developmental trajectory of cognitive disabilities in this disorder...
- Parent-child interactions in pediatric bipolar disorderLindsay S Schenkel
Pediatric Mood Disorders Program, Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:422-37. 2008..These findings have implications for the development of interventions that focus on the quality of parent-child relationships, in addition to symptom management, in the treatment of PBD...