Lari B Wenzel
Affiliation: University of California
- Quality of life in long-term cervical cancer survivorsLari Wenzel
Department of Medicine and Center for Health Policy Research, University of California Irvine, 111 Academy Way, Suite 220, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
Gynecol Oncol 97:310-7. 2005..To describe the quality of life (QOL) and long-term psychosocial sequelae of women of childbearing age diagnosed with cervical cancer 5-10 years earlier...
- Biopsychological Stress Factors in BRCA Mutation CarriersLari Wenzel
School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA Department of Medicine, Program in Public Health, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA Electronic address
Psychosomatics 53:582-90. 2012..This study examined the effect of mother's vital status on psychological factors and stress-associated biomarkers among BRCA mutation carriers. The role of bereavement on biopsychological variables was also examined...
- Validation of FACT/GOG-AD subscale for ovarian cancer-related abdominal discomfort: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyLari Wenzel
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:60-4. 2008..To evaluate the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy/Gynecologic Oncology Group-Abdominal Discomfort (FACT/GOG-AD) subscale for assessing abdominal discomfort in patients undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer...
- Testing targeted approaches to enhance Cancer Genetics Network minority recruitment within Asian populationsLari Wenzel
Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Community Genet 11:234-40. 2008..Asian Americans have been underrepresented in cancer research. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a multiple arm recruitment approach in improving Asian recruitment into the Cancer Genetics Network (CGN)...
- Health-related quality of life in a racially diverse population screened for hemochromatosis: results from the Hemochromatosis and Iron Overload Screening (HEIRS) studyLari B Wenzel
Center for Health Policy Research, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 7550, USA
Genet Med 9:705-12. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of screening on participants' well-being...
- Quality of life in patients receiving treatment for gynecologic malignancies: special considerations for patient careL Wenzel
Epidemiology Division, College of Medicine, University of California, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 7555 46, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 83:211-29. 2003....
- Predictors of quality of life among long-term survivors of gestational trophoblastic diseaseLari Wenzel
University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine, Health Policy and Research, 100 Theory Drive, Suite 110, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
J Reprod Med 49:589-94. 2004..To identify predictors of quality of life (QOL) among women diagnosed with gestational trophoblastic tumor (GTT) 5-10 years earlier...
- Resilience, reflection, and residual stress in ovarian cancer survivorship: a gynecologic oncology group studyLari B Wenzel
Epidemiology Division, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92697-7555, USA
Psychooncology 11:142-53. 2002....
- Health-related quality of life during and after intraperitoneal versus intravenous chemotherapy for optimally debulked ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyLari B Wenzel
College of Medicine, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:437-43. 2007..The purpose of this report is to comprehensively evaluate the patient-reported outcomes associated with IP versus IV therapy...
- Quality-of-life comparisons in a randomized trial of interval secondary cytoreduction in advanced ovarian carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyLari Wenzel
Center for Health Policy Research, Division of General Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5605-12. 2005..Interestingly, there were fewer complaints of neurotoxicity at 6 months among patients who did versus did not undergo interval secondary cytoreduction...
- Stress, immunity, and cervical cancer: biobehavioral outcomes of a randomized clinical trial [corrected]Edward L Nelson
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2111-8. 2008....
- Supportive care for women with gynecologic cancersDana M Chase
University of California, Irvine Medical Center, The Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:227-41. 2008..As these needs are met, the goal is for quality of life to improve; and with the improvement in quality of life we may expect to see improved survival outcomes...
- Legacy of the Pacific Islander cancer control networkF Allan Hubbell
Department of Medicine and Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer 107:2091-8. 2006..Cancer 2006. (c) 2006 American Cancer Society...
- Addressing the cancer control needs of Pacific Islanders: experience of the Pacific Islander Cancer Control NetworkF Allan Hubbell
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Pac Health Dialog 11:233-8. 2004..PICCN's objectives fall under two broad categories: increasing cancer awareness and enhancing cancer control research among Samoans, Tongans, and Chamorros...
- Randomized, controlled trial of an easy-to-read informed consent statement for clinical trial participation: a study of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupCathy A Coyne
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:836-42. 2003....
- Longitudinal change in telomere length and the chronic stress response in a randomized pilot biobehavioral clinical study: implications for cancer preventionKelly A Biegler
Division of Hematology Oncology, Center for Immunology, University of California, Sprague Hall, Room 132, Irvine, CA 92697
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:1173-82. 2012..Cancer Prev Res; 5(10); 1173-82. ©2012 AACR...
- Quality of life after gestational trophoblastic diseaseLari Wenzel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, College of Medicine, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, California 92697-7555, USA
J Reprod Med 47:387-94. 2002..CONCLUSION: This information provides insight into the complex survivorship relationships between QoL and sequelae of GTT...
- Quality of life in ovarian cancerRichard Penson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Reprod Med 50:407-16. 2005..While the humanities perhaps teach us much about the value of QOL, the science of the study of QOL will be the foundation and confirmation of many of the anticipated advances for patients...
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone and free thyroxine levels in persons with HFE C282Y homozygosity, a common hemochromatosis genotype: the HEIRS studyJames C Barton
Southern Iron Disorders Center, 2022 Brookwood Medical Center Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Thyroid 18:831-8. 2008..We evaluated thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and free thyroxine (T4) in white participants of the primary care-based Hemochromatosis and Iron Overload Screening (HEIRS) Study...
- Clinical trial endpoints in ovarian cancer: report of an FDA/ASCO/AACR Public WorkshopRobert C Bast
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:173-6. 2007....
- Quality of life considerations in gynecologic cancer. FIGO 6th Annual Report on the Results of Treatment in Gynecological CancerRichard T Penson
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:S247-57. 2006..The QOL issues facing gynecologic cancer patients, the use of validated QOL instruments, recent advances in the evaluation of interventions, and changes in concepts related to QOL are reviewed...
- Cervical cancerKaren Basen-Engquist
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:2009-14. 2003..Primary prevention of cervical cancer should remain a priority as research in behavioral interventions and barriers to screening, especially among vulnerable populations, moves forward...
- Psychoneuroimmunology and Cervical CancerLari Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2004..All patients will be identified through the Cancer Surveillance Program of Orange, Imperial and San Diego Counties (CSPOC/SanDIOC). ..
- Stress, Immunity & Cervical Cancer: Biobehavioral Outcomes of a Randomized TrialLari Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Stress, Immunity & Cervical Cancer: Biobehavioral Outcomes of a Randomized TrialLari Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010....