N S Wenger
Affiliation: University of California
- Punishment for unethical behavior in the conduct of researchN S Wenger
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1736, USA
Acad Med 73:1187-94. 1998..To investigate the perceptions of scientists and institutional representatives (IRs) to the National Institutes of Health's Office of Research Integrity concerning appropriate punishment for unethical research behavior...
- Evaluation of the research norms of scientists and administrators responsible for academic research integrityS G Korenman
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 7041, USA
JAMA 279:41-7. 1998..The professional integrity of scientists is important to society as a whole and particularly to disciplines such as medicine that depend heavily on scientific advances for their progress...
- Prevalence and predictors of highly active antiretroviral therapy use in patients with HIV infection in the united states. HCSUS Consortium. HIV Cost and Services UtilizationW E Cunningham
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Department of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 25:115-23. 2000..It is not known whether high levels of HAART use have been sustained or whether socioeconomic and racial disparities have diminished over time...
- A comparison study of multiple measures of adherence to HIV protease inhibitorsH Liu
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Service Research, 911 Broxton Plaza, Room 102, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
Ann Intern Med 134:968-77. 2001..Poor adherence to HIV protease inhibitors may compromise the effectiveness of treatment. Few studies have compared methods for measuring adherence or have related adherence measures to a clinical outcome...
- End-of-life discussions and preferences among persons with HIVN S Wenger
University of California at Los Angeles Department of Medicine, GIM HSR, 911 Broxton Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
JAMA 285:2880-7. 2001..Even though the prognosis has improved for many persons with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, a need for planning remains...
- Circumstances at HIV diagnosis and progression of disease in older HIV-infected AmericansD S Zingmond
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, UCLA Department of Medicine, 911 Broxton Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1117-20. 2001..This study identified age-related differences in diagnosis and progression of HIV by analyzing a nationally representative sample of HIV-infected adults under care in the United States...
- Hospital ethics committees in Israel: structure, function and heterogeneity in the setting of statutory ethics committeesN S Wenger
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Med Ethics 28:177-82. 2002..Israel has the distinction of having ethics committees legally required by a Patients' Rights Act. We studied the development of ethics committees in this legal environment...
- Patient characteristics associated with care by a cardiologist among adults hospitalized with severe congestive heart failure. SUPPORT Investigators. Study to Understand Prognoses and Preferences for Outcomes and Risks of TreatmentsA D Auerbach
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0120, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:2119-25. 2000..The goal of this study was to determine factors associated with receiving cardiologist care among patients with an acute exacerbation of congestive heart failure...