Aaron M Wendelboe
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- The design and implementation of a new surveillance system for venous thromboembolism using combined active and passive methodsAaron M Wendelboe
College of Public Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK Electronic address
Am Heart J 170:447-54.e18. 2015..This surveillance system will provide data on the accuracy of ICD-9-based case definitions for surveillance of VTE events and help the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention develop a national VTE surveillance system. ..
- Cluster of necrotizing enterocolitis in a neonatal intensive care unit: New Mexico, 2007Aaron M Wendelboe
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:144-8. 2010..We investigated the etiology of a cluster of NEC in a level 3 neonatal intensive care unit and monitored for new cases following the implementation of enhanced infection control measures...
- The benefits of transmission dynamics models in understanding emerging infectious diseasesAaron M Wendelboe
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Am J Med Sci 340:181-6. 2010....
- Importance of employee vaccination against influenza in preventing cases in long-term care facilitiesAaron M Wendelboe
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:990-7. 2011..This investigation estimated the magnitude of the benefit of this recommendation...
- Increased fall-related mortality rates in New Mexico, 1999-2005Aaron M Wendelboe
New Mexico Department of Health, Sante Fe, NM, USA
Public Health Rep 126:861-7. 2011..S. residents aged ≥65 years and cost $19 billion. In 2005, New Mexico (NM) had the highest fall-related mortality rate in the United States. We described factors associated with these elevated fall-related mortality rates...
- Spinach-associated Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak, Utah and New Mexico, 2006Juliana Grant
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1633-6. 2008..01). The outbreak strain was isolated from 3 bags of 1 brand of spinach. Nationally, 205 persons were ill with the outbreak strain...
- Outbreak of cystoscopy related infections with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: New Mexico, 2007Aaron M Wendelboe
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Urol 180:588-92; discussion 592. 2008..Personnel at the New Mexico Department of Health investigated a Pseudomonas aeruginosa outbreak potentially associated with outpatient cystoscopy performed by a urologist during January 1 to April 22, 2007...
- Inducing Herd Immunity against Seasonal Influenza in Long-Term Care Facilities through Employee Vaccination Coverage: A Transmission Dynamics ModelAaron M Wendelboe
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 801 NE 13th Street, CHB 323, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Comput Math Methods Med 2015:178247. 2015..We used influenza surveillance data from all LTCFs in New Mexico to validate a transmission dynamics model developed to investigate herd immunity induction...