Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Epidermal growth factor receptor-mediated motility in fibroblastsA Wells
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, and Birmingham VA Medical Center, 35294 0007, USA
Microsc Res Tech 43:395-411. 1998..Our model postulates that many biochemical pathways will be shared between chemokinetic and haptokinetic motility but that select pathways will be activated only during RPTK-enhanced motility...
- EGF receptorA Wells
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 0007, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:637-43. 1999..Thus, EGFR and its downstream signaling molecules' are targets for therapeutic interventions in wound repair and cancer...
- Tumor invasion as dysregulated cell motilityJ Kassis
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh VAMC, 713 Scaife Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 11:105-17. 2001....
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like repeats of human tenascin-C as ligands for EGF receptorC S Swindle
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Cell Biol 154:459-68. 2001..These data identify a new class of "insoluble" growth factor ligands and a novel mode of activation for growth factor receptors...
- Co-culturing human prostate carcinoma cells with hepatocytes leads to increased expression of E-cadherinC C Yates
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh VAMC, PA 15213, USA
Br J Cancer 96:1246-52. 2007..We conclude that the term epithelial-mesenchymal transition only summarises the transient downregulation of E-cadherin for invasion with re-expression of E-cadherin being a physiological consequence of metastatic seeding...
- Luteinising hormone-releasing hormone analogue reverses the cell adhesion profile of EGFR overexpressing DU-145 human prostate carcinoma sublineC Yates
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh VAMC, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Br J Cancer 92:366-75. 2005..The ability of Cetrorelix to downregulate EGFR signalling and subsequently reverse the antiadhesiveness found in metastatic prostate cancer highlights a novel potential target for therapeutic strategies...
- Membrane proximal ERK signaling is required for M-calpain activation downstream of epidermal growth factor receptor signalingA Glading
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 276:23341-8. 2001....
- A role for phospholipase C-gamma-mediated signaling in tumor cell invasionJ Kassis
Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0007, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:2251-60. 1999..In all situations, the inhibition of PLCgamma signaling did not decrease mitogenic signaling. Thus, the motility-associated PLCgamma signaling pathway is a generalizable rate-limiting step for tumor cell progression...
- PLC gamma contributes to metastasis of in situ-occurring mammary and prostate tumorsC R Shepard
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Oncogene 26:3020-6. 2007..In conclusion, abrogation of the PLCgamma signaling pathway can limit the metastatic potential of carcinomas...
- Spontaneous dormancy of metastatic breast cancer cells in an all human liver microphysiologic systemS E Wheeler
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, S711 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Br J Cancer 111:2342-50. 2014..Existing model systems of dormancy are limited as they do not recapitulate human metastatic dormancy without exogenous manipulations and are unable to query early events of micrometastases...
- Kinetic and spectroscopic evidence for three actomyosin:ADP states in smooth muscleS S Rosenfeld
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25418-26. 2000....
- Cytokine mRNA expression and serum cortisol evaluation during murine lung inflammation induced by Mycobacterium tuberculosisJ K Actor
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Texas 77030, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 3:343-51. 2000..The high constitutive serum cortisol in the A/J mice may therefore contribute to establishment of an environment counter-productive to initiation of protective Th1 cell and granulomatous responses...